*67 Blocking

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
sailcat25
*67 Blocking

Post by sailcat25 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:05 am

For months I have been using *67 enabled via my cell phone to access my Ooma voicemail (2 lines w/Premier). It saves me waiting for all the ringing to complete before voicemail picks up (would go to voicemail immediately). My privacy settings on "My Ooma" are for incoming blocked calls to go to voicemail. As of about 2 days ago when I block via *67 with my cell (like I said above - for months) the block doesn't work. Calls made to Ooma show my cell's ID and ring as normal. I called my wife's cell (Tracphone) with my cell (AT&T) with *67 enabled - came in to her cell as "Restricted", as it should. With my wife's cell (*67 enabled) I call either of my Ooma numbers and the ID shows. Not only is this an annoyance for me when accessing my voicemail it means that other callers who are blocking their numbers are now getting through when before they couldn't.

Ooma?

thunderbird

Re: *67 Blocking

Post by thunderbird » Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:22 pm

sailcat25 wrote:For months I have been using *67 enabled via my cell phone to access my Ooma voicemail (2 lines w/Premier). It saves me waiting for all the ringing to complete before voicemail picks up (would go to voicemail immediately). My privacy settings on "My Ooma" are for incoming blocked calls to go to voicemail. As of about 2 days ago when I block via *67 with my cell (like I said above - for months) the block doesn't work. Calls made to Ooma show my cell's ID and ring as normal. I called my wife's cell (Tracphone) with my cell (AT&T) with *67 enabled - came in to her cell as "Restricted", as it should. With my wife's cell (*67 enabled) I call either of my Ooma numbers and the ID shows. Not only is this an annoyance for me when accessing my voicemail it means that other callers who are blocking their numbers are now getting through when before they couldn't.

Ooma?
Lately Ooma has has a rash of problems some of these areas. It's probably because of some upgrades that they have been doing.

Report your problems to Ooma Customer Support:

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST