No outgoing calls busy signal all the time

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
KJ4YLA
No outgoing calls busy signal all the time

Post by KJ4YLA » Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:02 am

Just wondering if anyone else has this problem, and maybe someone can help me out. I got the ooma telo two years ago, have had no problems with it. Everything worked fine till Jan 19, when I picked up the phone I got a busy signal, all the time. I can't make calls going out, but yet I can get calls coming in. Coming in calls work great. There is no router the ooma is plugged in directly to my pc and directly to the internet cable modem. I have no problem with the net, everything runs fine.

Any suggestions??

thunderbird

Re: No outgoing calls busy signal all the time

Post by thunderbird » Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:45 am

KJ4YLA wrote:Just wondering if anyone else has this problem, and maybe someone can help me out. I got the ooma telo two years ago, have had no problems with it. Everything worked fine till Jan 19, when I picked up the phone I got a busy signal, all the time. I can't make calls going out, but yet I can get calls coming in. Coming in calls work great. There is no router the ooma is plugged in directly to my pc and directly to the internet cable modem. I have no problem with the net, everything runs fine.

Any suggestions??
If you are getting a fast busy, just wait a little while longer. For some people the call will still go through using this method.

Press the Envelope button on the face of the Ooma Telo until it turns yellow. Then press it again until it turns blue and then test.

Make sure that in My Ooma that ten digit calling is enabled at https://my.ooma.com/system .

Try dialing *98 or *96 before the number dialed. Example: *98-xxx-xxx-xxxx.

If all else fails, contact Ooma Customer Support:

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST

KJ4YLA

Post by KJ4YLA » Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:57 am

It is not a fast busy signal just a normal busy signal. tired your suggestion the envelope on the telo never turned yellow, just blue. Still have a busy signal, almost like someone never hung up the phone.

KJ4YLA

Post by KJ4YLA » Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:59 am

10 digit is enabled

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:52 am

KJ4YLA wrote:It is not a fast busy signal just a normal busy signal. tired your suggestion the envelope on the telo never turned yellow, just blue. Still have a busy signal, almost like someone never hung up the phone.
Press the Envelope button and hold a little longer. It should turn yellow plus you should hear a voice announcement "Do not disturb on". When you press the Envelope button again you should see the envelope button turn blue and hear the voice announcement "Do not disturb off".

If it still doesn't work, remove power from your Ooma device for 20 minutes, the repower and try again.

KJ4YLA

Post by KJ4YLA » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:27 am

The call forwarding is with ooma premier service which I do not have. I have unplugged the system or the ooma box overnight and I still get the same busy signal. The same busy signal is still there, and still can not call out.

Qacer

Post by Qacer » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:25 pm

Was this issue ever resolved?

Slightly more than a month ago, I suddenly experienced this issue. My device has been working great for years, but now I am unable to dial out. I've been working with Ooma customer service for about a month now with no resolution. The best they can do is to elevate it to their engineers. I've already provided at least 9+ samples of outbound calls at three different times with no resolution.

To date, I have scoured the Internet and tried the following without any resolution:

- Unplugged Ooma Telo for at least 24 hours
- Used the *98 and *96 codes before dialing out
- Call different types of numbers - landline, mobile, international, etc.
- Call at different times
- Unplugged my router for at least 5 minutes
- Added the Ooma recommended ports to my routers Port Forwarding list (I never had to before)

I have logged in to my Telo device and confirmed that all settings appear valid. I have confirmed that the tunnel and connection to the Ooma service is showing a green check mark. I have downloaded the Ooma mobile app on my phone and confirmed that I can dial out with my number.

I do not know what else to do. I simply cannot dial out to any number. I've been using the Telo device, at least, since 2011. I've had it first in the US. Then took it overseas starting in 2012. I've had no problems with making phone calls with my existing setup until this year.

Any other tips would be greatly appreciated. I'm an Ooma Premier member, and if I can't get this resolve, then I will start looking at other alternative VoIP solutions. It just does not make sense for me to pay $14+/mo and not have the ability to dial out from my home phone.

murphy

Post by murphy » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:48 pm

Is it possible that the country that you are in has a state sponsored telephone system and is blocking the ports needed for you to make a call?
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

Qacer

Post by Qacer » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:17 pm

I'm currently in Germany and have been here since 2012. I've never had this issue until earlier this year.

Qacer

Post by Qacer » Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:50 pm

Still no luck with customer support via chat. They told me to call the support phone number again. I did get another information. It seems that my Telo device is now showing offline. That was not the case several days ago when I logged in to the Telo web admin page. At that time, my Ooma tunnel was showing green. I also logged in to my Ooma dashboard, and none of my information (call logs) are populated. That probably explains why I can't check my voicemail.

The thing is I am still able to received phone calls. I just confirmed it right now.

I also did a line quality test, and my connection appears acceptable.

I'll call tech support tomorrow, and hopefully, get another round of troubleshooting going. It's been about 2 months since the last time I was able to dial out.
Attachments
ooma_line_test_001.jpg
ooma_line_test_001.jpg (66.79KiB)Viewed 47534 times