No outgoing calls busy signal all the time

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
murphy
Re: No outgoing calls busy signal all the time

Post by murphy » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:31 pm

Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

Qacer

Post by Qacer » Mon May 01, 2017 10:20 am

Just got off the phone call with Ooma support. No new approach of troubleshooting. They told me that they will forward my ticket to advance tech support and that I should check my e-mail constantly. They will likely ask me to conduct 3 x sample calls again within 24 hours of the e-mail. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that whatever they do this time will work.

I asked if I can get connected to advance tech support directly as I have now done the sample calls three times. This new go around will be my fourth. They told me that they have no way of connecting me directly to advance tech, and that I will just have to wait for an e-mail from them.

This is an unfortunate situation.

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Mon May 01, 2017 10:24 am

please try now

Qacer

Post by Qacer » Mon May 01, 2017 10:29 am

Tom B, whatever kind of magic you did worked! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

I tried calling my cell phone, my parents' line, and a long distance number. All three worked! Thank you again!

JohnWolfe3rd

Post by JohnWolfe3rd » Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:53 am

Don't we get to learn what Tom did to fix it -- or is it some internal cock-up and the only way to approach is to prostate yourself before the tech folks five or six times?

Is there a phrase we can use when talking to tech separate -- that would cue them to do try the same fix that Tom did?

At my office right now, one of our four stations is refusing to call out -- fast busy tone, etc -- all of the others are fine.

Couple days ago, we hard reset the T21PE2 and the problem went away ...today, not so much...

Teach me to fish, man. Don't give me a damn haddock.
Thanks.

shayo

Post by shayo » Sun Oct 09, 2022 5:07 pm

Sorry to revive an old thread. Just encounter the same issue. Anyone has any sort of solution to this? Thank you.

PMurray

Post by PMurray » Wed Jul 05, 2023 2:20 pm

No solution, but I have the "No outgoing calls busy signal all the time" problem again!

Using, restarting the Ooma fixes it. Sometimes, restarting the modem is also needed.

But now, nothing seems to help. Inbound calls and voicemail all work normally.

The Ooma device is showing a pale purple light, not blue - doesn't that indicate that a software update is under way? Trouble is, it's been that colour for days!

CherylAoife

Post by CherylAoife » Sun Jul 09, 2023 10:28 am

I've just started having this issue myself, but only with 2 prefixes that belong to the local phone company. I can call other numbers just fine.

Rebooting of the Ooma telo usually helps but not this time. I've also rebooted my router and even my Starlink dish and that didn't help either.

I had a neighbor with Ooma try to call numbers with the 2 prefixes and she didn't have a problem.

I'm at a loss.

LJCR

Post by LJCR » Thu Sep 21, 2023 8:14 pm

I had this problem too -- no outgoing calls, busy signal all the time PLUS also ALL incoming calls went straight to VM without ringing. I called Ooma Customer Service and spoke to a very nice lady who patiently walked me through all the steps to fix it. First we unplugged everyhthing connected to the Ooma controller (disconnected power, internet, and regular phone connected by wire. Waited one minute, then plugged in power and waited for red light on top, flashing red light, then blue light. Then plugged in internet cable to the "internet" outlet on the back of the Ooma Telo device. Then I plugged in my regular corded phone (an old AT&T model). Then I had to re-register each handset individually (go to the Telo device and press the flat black button and hold for 3 seconds), then follow the instructions on the handset. One handset would not register so I had to remove the batteries from it for one minute, then reinstall. After that, I was able to register the handset. I was on my cell phone talking to the nice lady for maybe 30-40 minutes but finally the mission was accomplished. Everything works fine now. Bottom line: If you can't figure it out, call for help! 1-866-939-6662