Not able to call my Ooma number with AT&T

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
rdsmith1
Re: Not able to call my Ooma number with AT&T

Post by rdsmith1 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:06 pm

I have the same issue with a net 10 cell phone on an AT&T network. They get a message saying my number is not in service. I can call my number with my cell phone and it works ok.net 10 phone can call my google voice number which rings my ooma number and it will ring o.k. I thought it was a problem with the net 10 phone. Now other people are telling me they cannot get through. They have AT&T cell phones. Today I had someone with a business landline tell me they cannot get through. Now I am wondering how many calls I am actually missing. I switched from voyage because ooma was way cheaper and had the ability to blacklist numbers but if people cannot get through to my number what good is it. Has anyone found a solution ?

murphy

Post by murphy » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:19 pm

Have someone who is an AT&T cell phone customer call AT&T and report that they can't reach a known working number.
AT&T's routing tables are not up to date.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

fourg

Post by fourg » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:00 pm

I've been going in circles since August when I first responded to this thread about being unable to reach my Ooma from my AT&T cell phone. Ooma support believes it's AT&T, AT&T support believes it's Ooma. I've contacted both 3+ times. AT&T three times has scheduled a technician to look into my case, but every time closes the case believing there is nothing wrong on AT&T's end. They've now finally asked for an Ooma case number, which Ooma never gave me. I'm dissapointed that Ooma support has been so quick to turn me away and unwilling to help engage AT&T to make actual progress. It looks like I'm definitely not the only one struggling.