Setting up Voicemail for Second Line

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
Big Kahuna
Setting up Voicemail for Second Line

Post by Big Kahuna » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:18 am

I have two lines on the Premier account level. Currently both lines go to the same Voice Mail.

I need clear and concise step-by-step instructions on how to set up VM for the second line.

I search and found some very unclear instructions that left me more confused than when I started.

lbmofo

Re: Setting up Voicemail for Second Line

Post by lbmofo » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:40 am

Welcome.

In my.ooma.com, under preferences, phone numbers, you create a personal device (you have to have at least 1 Telo handset; or Scout if you have a Hub).

Then assign your 2nd number to the personal device. Wait 10 minutes. Login to my.ooma.com using the 2nd number and the password you specified. If it doesn't let you login, go back to your main account, go into your personal device and change your password (to the same one); and try logging in again to your 2nd number's my.ooma.com account.

https://www.ooma.com/app/support/personal-devices
https://www.ooma.com/app/support/personal-phone-number

BTW, your signature's getoutofunnow link doesn't work.

Big Kahuna

Post by Big Kahuna » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:05 pm

Mucho gracis on the quick reply.

1. I fixed the sig link -- thanx

2. I have a personal device set for the second line -- but I can't appear to log in and I waited over ten minutes. I did change my password to the same -- and I'll try again in a few minutes.

3. I am not able to move the other line from shared to a personal device

Big Kahuna

Post by Big Kahuna » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:11 pm

I have no problem logging in with the main (first number) -- but I can't log in with the second number. I've verified both the number and that the password is the same as the first line's log in.

Am I misunderstanding something?

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:21 pm

You probably want to delete the DDS West Device since you don't have any numbers assigned.

You got your 2nd number assigned to the Texas Motorcycle Excursions device so you'd be logging into its my.ooma.com account using the 2nd number and the password you specify in the Texas Motorcycle Excursions device.

Sorry if I wasn't being clear. If you can't login to the my.ooma.com using your 2nd number, come back to the Texas Motorcycle Excursions device and change the password (set it to the same one you sepcified before, or you can change it to something else; I just thought that maybe people have a familiar password that they use and don't want to deviate from it...so stressing that you don't actually need to change the value of the password; this action of changing password is just so that you can login to your 2nd my.ooma.com account if you are not successful; password doesn't have to be the same password as the main account)

Big Kahuna

Post by Big Kahuna » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:33 pm

I deleted the DDS Katy, but still couldn't log into the Texas Motorcycle Excursions.

I did notice that every time I changed the password it looked like it accepted it -- but I could log in as much as ten minutes later and it was masked for the number of ******* as the old password. I've moved the number back to shared and deleted the Texas Motorcycle Excursions. I've set up a new Texas Motorcycles Excursions personal device, will wait ten minutes to assign the 67 number to it, and then wait another 10 minutes and try to log onto it.

Big Kahuna

Post by Big Kahuna » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:05 pm

OK -- I did finally log in by "Requesting a new password" -- and I've now set up everything I can set up on the Internet.

So my next question is how do I record a different greeting for line 2?

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:15 pm

Pick up the 2nd line phone and call own number then the voice prompts would take you through.

Big Kahuna

Post by Big Kahuna » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:37 pm

lbmofo wrote:Pick up the 2nd line phone and call own number then the voice prompts would take you through.

1st line 8865 has the proper recording I want for it - so all is well with it.

On the 2nd line 8867, when I do use that line to call itself, it tells me that it can't take my call right now and to leave a message and gives no other options. Likewise when I call from my cell phone, I get a canned Ooma recording saying that my call can't be taken right now, and offers to take a message.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:12 pm

Sorry, try picking up the 2nd line phone and press "play" button on the Telo.

https://www.ooma.com/app/support/private-voicemail