Can I transfer a call to a Handset?

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
antmen
Can I transfer a call to a Handset?

Post by antmen » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:32 pm

If I were to pick up a call on the mail number, is there a way to transfer that call to the Handset (that has assigned the second/Personal Number?)

I can do it the other way around (i.e., pick up incoming calls on the handset/Personal Number, then put on hold and pick up on a wired phone by pressing the relevant line number on the base.)

-Anthony

thunderbird

Re: Can I transfer a call to a Handset?

Post by thunderbird » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:49 pm

antmen wrote:If I were to pick up a call on the mail number, is there a way to transfer that call to the Handset (that has assigned the second/Personal Number?)

I can do it the other way around (i.e., pick up incoming calls on the handset/Personal Number, then put on hold and pick up on a wired phone by pressing the relevant line number on the base.)

-Anthony
See:
https://www.ooma.com/app/support/blueto ... e#anchor-3

antmen

Re: Can I transfer a call to a Handset?

Post by antmen » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:14 am

That's not exactly what I'm looking for, but thanks for that link anyway. Will come in handy if I decide to get Bluetooth.

Here's what I figured out. I have two handsets. One with the main number as shared. And the other with a different number (my Personal Number - part of my Premier service.)

If a call comes in and I happen to pick up on one of my corded phones (connected to the base,) I can transfer that call to either of the handsets.

To transfer it to any handset (regardless of what number is shared or assigned to that handset):
1. Simply press the green phone button on that handset and the display will then read "Enter phone number or join line"
2. Press the soft key above the green button (will say either Line 1 or Line 2) and you will join the call.
3. Hang up the base/corded phone (or stay on for conference.)

To transfer it to any handset but you'd like to intercom that handset first (say you'd like to advise the person picking up that handset about the call before they speak to the caller):
1. Click Flash (or quickly depress the hangup button) on the base phone to get a new dialtone (that will also place the call on hold.)
2. Then dial *0X (X = the number of the handset) to request an intercom with that specific handset (remember, the caller is still on hold and will not hear your conversation via intercom.)
3. On the handset, the person near that handset can press the green phone button to answer your intercom request. Advise that person who's calling on the the other line.
4. When that person on the handset wants to pick up the other line, they can click the soft button above the green button to switch to the caller.
5. Hang up the base phone. Done.

Hope this helps some. I might make a video of this soon.
-Anthony