Can receive calls, get dialtone, but outbound stopped workin

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
cbeyer
Re: Can receive calls, get dialtone, but outbound stopped workin

Post by cbeyer » Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:31 am

tried every 'suggestion' including *82 and 10 digit dialing and 1 hour power off (actually all night)
Inbound calls still work fine.
all lights are blue.
dial out gets immediate Fast Busy.
My internet connection is excellent (25 mbps down, 4 mbps up)
I set up another Ooma for my daughter a week ago, and it has worked flawlessly since.
I have ordered an 'antique' princess corded phone to try that. My phone is a vtech wireless that works fine on AT&T but it is also capable of working on VoIP, so thought, maybe, it was detecting the Ooma connection instead of real landlline and doing something strange? Any feedback on that information?

murphy

Post by murphy » Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:48 am

The only situation, that I am aware of, that gets an immediate fast busy is dialing a 10 digit number when 10 digit dialing is not enabled in the my.ooma account.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:33 am

cbeyer:
When you dial out, have you tried dialing 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx ?

Last resort:

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST

cbeyer

Post by cbeyer » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:29 am

I originally was using 1+ dial, same result. Changed to 10 digit dial per forum suggestion. Samey-samey. No thoughts about my voip capable phone. It answers fine just thought it might be not sending right tones to dial??

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:47 pm

cbeyer wrote:I originally was using 1+ dial, same result. Changed to 10 digit dial per forum suggestion. Samey-samey. No thoughts about my voip capable phone. It answers fine just thought it might be not sending right tones to dial??
You should be using a standard phone. If you use a cordless phone, DECT 6 is best for use with the Ooma Telo. If you don't have one of these, borrow a phone from a friend or relative for testing.

cbeyer

Post by cbeyer » Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:05 pm

I have a corded phone en route
BUT
the wireless phone I have was working just find plugged into the AT&T landline, so clearly it is compatible with phone company standards. I didn't read anything about the ooma not being compatible? And that is not an internet flame, it is a question. If I have to stop using my vtech phone, and there are 100's that will work just fine, the ooma is worth it.

cbeyer

Post by cbeyer » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:52 pm

Just to close out my reported problem about not being able to dial out. I have a Vtech IS6110 phone, supposedly a VoIP or regular phone. I was using it as a regular phone (got a great deal) just connected via RJ11 to AT&T.
Perhaps ooma should be a bit more proactive about what will and what will not work?
For forum feedback, what will happen is, the phone works fine for incoming calls, but when you dial, you will get a fast busy.

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:02 pm

cbeyer wrote:Just to close out my reported problem about not being able to dial out. I have a Vtech IS6110 phone, supposedly a VoIP or regular phone. I was using it as a regular phone (got a great deal) just connected via RJ11 to AT&T.
Perhaps ooma should be a bit more proactive about what will and what will not work?
For forum feedback, what will happen is, the phone works fine for incoming calls, but when you dial, you will get a fast busy.
Did you ever try another phone. If you don't have one, just for testing, borrow one from a neighbor, friend, or relative and test dialing out using that phone.

cbeyer

Post by cbeyer » Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:12 pm

I'm sorry, I wasn't very clear. I was closing out my issue because I hooked up a last century princess and it worked fine. I am waiting for the number transfer to complete before I go further, but ooma is working both inbound and outbound now.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:22 pm

cbeyer, any DECT 6.0 phone system should work fine (perhaps, yours with the fancy usb/msn/messenger add-on wasn't playing nicely with Ooma dialtone).