Got a refurb Telo from woot 5 weeks ago. Found a Telo handset on clearance. Had AT&T landline with DSL, now only have DSL.
Setup went fairly smooth. Wall outlet through dsl splitter, to modem, to Telo, "Phone" port to phone half of splitter. Wireless base in other room. Aside from some interference between 2.4ghz router and 2.4ghz wireless phone system all worked well.
2 weeks ago started having problems with calling home from my cell. 1 ring on my side and then disconnect, no ring at all on home(Ooma) side. Occasionally a call would make it through but rarely. When call made it all phones , wireless and handset rang. Outgoing with Ooma handset worked fine.
I have finally gotten time to try and diagnose and fix this at home and here is what I have done.
1) tried wiring dsl to modem to ooma to router. no change
2) multiple full resets, modem, ooma, router, and computer. no change
3) corded phone directly in ooma "phone" port. no dialtone with 2 different phones
4) Ooma handset gets dialtone and can call out just fine.
Any help/questions/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
FYI I am not a noob when it comes to tech stuff. I do know what I am doing. Electrical wiring is another story
The problem might be that you have your Ooma phone port connected to the house phone wires with DSL on it.
Remove the connection from Ooma phone port to walljack and plug a phone directly into Ooma's phone port. If your phone port doesn't work, maybe your phone port is already damaged.
For future reference, connecting Ooma to whole house wiring when DSL is present: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13354&start=10#p97148
I stated above that I tried 2 different phones in the phone port. The wife picked up a call on a phone attached to the port but couldn't hear me. Still no dialtone so no outgoing calls.lbmofo wrote: Remove the connection from Ooma phone port to walljack and plug a phone directly into Ooma's phone port. If your phone port doesn't work, maybe your phone port is already damaged.
I have checked out the many posts regarding house wiring. I appreciate the advice.
I saw that but was hoping....Lestaat wrote:I stated above that I tried 2 different phones in the phone port. The wife picked up a call on a phone attached to the port but couldn't hear me. Still no dialtone so no outgoing calls.
With house phone wiring disconnected from the Ooma Telo phone port, and only a corded phone connected to your Ooma Telo phone port, try the following:
Ooma Telo Factory Reset:
Dial *#*#099 on the phone attached to Telo to issue a factory reset.
A recording will come on the line and ask if you really want to do a factory reset. Press 1 for yes, and press 2 or hang up for no. After pressing 1, you will hear a busy signal. After hanging up, the number 1 light stays lit yellow on the face of the Ooma Telo. After a short period of time, only the number 1 & 2 lights remain lit blue. Then after more time, the Ooma Telo goes into the boot sequence, and comes back on line.
If you are using an Ooma Wi-Fi dongle, you have to access Ooma Setup and rescan for the Wi-Fi network before a Wi-Fi connection can be made. The same is true for DSL, if you have to enter Connection type PPoE and a Name and Password for the Internet provider connection. You will have to reset MAC address to Use Built In, reset your Quality of Service Upstream/Downstream Internet Speed settings, and Bluetooth settings if you are using Ooma’s USB Bluetooth dongle.
1. Power off the Telo unit, wait around 15 seconds, then power it back on,
2. When the logo starts flashing RED, press and hold 'Stop' and 'Trash' keys at the same time,
3. The logo should then flash alternatively BLUE and RED,
4. Release the 'Stop' and 'Trash' keys when the logo turns solid BLUE (not RED as it used to be), then it takes around 30 more seconds before it goes to step 5 (the play button light goes amber, the logo light goes off, ...) - be patient - DO NOT unplug the power otherwise the factory reset is not effective !!
5. The unit is factory reset and restarts by itself -- this is shown by the fact that line 1 and line 2 buttons turn blue, then next row (trash and envelope buttons) turns blue, then runway lighting on bottom row .....
My guess that the port is partially fried is becoming more and more confirmed.
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST
Extracts from Ooma Purchasing a refurbished Ooma unit page at:lbmofo wrote:Refurb Telo from Woot should have 180 day warranty: http://moofi.woot.com/offers/ooma-telo- ... -system-27
https://www.ooma.com/app/support/purcha ... -ooma-unit
Where can I purchase refurbished Ooma equipment?
You can purchase refurbished equipment at the following certified retailers:
•Ooma's sales hotline (1-866-452-6662)
What kind of warranty do refurbished devices come with?
Your refurbished Ooma unit will come with a 12-month factory warranty. This warranty will be automatically registered when you activate your device online.