How do I change the Caller ID info displayed when calling?

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
Leeway
Re: How do I change the Caller ID info displayed when calling?

Post by Leeway » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:19 pm

I don't know how long you've had an Ooma but I've been here for years and never had the ability to change my caller ID. Sure the company wants to make money that's what you go into business for, but Ooma did not give you that ability free and then charge for it. Changing caller ID has always been something you had to call customer service and pay for. Not a freebie.

Donna

Lord Vader

Re: How do I change the Caller ID info displayed when calling?

Post by Lord Vader » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:32 am

Sorry, but you are absolutely and totally wrong! I had this ability and changed it--more than once--at NO CHARGE!

I purchased an add-on number in November for $4.99/month. It was for an area code and number different from my primary and secondary free #. In December, I went into my preferences, selected this phone number by clicking on it, and changed the Caller ID name to be displayed to "Santa Claus." I did this to surprise my two young nieces and nephew, all of whom I called from that #. They were stunned to see "Santa Claus" come across their Caller ID.

Shortly after that, I went back and edited the Caller ID to read "God" so I can pull a prank on a family member. Following that, I changed it back to its original Caller ID info.

Each time I did this, I did so via My Ooma. I never once had to call Customer Care, so don't tell me Ooma never had this. They did; and I did it more than once. Free.