Odd robocall issue

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
tuvanhillbilly
Odd robocall issue

Post by tuvanhillbilly » Thu May 09, 2013 7:12 am

For a few months now I've been getting a robocall voicemail from 866-578-4773, about 4-5 times a week. This number must be on the community blacklist as I don't have premier and don't have the personal blacklist feature. The good thing is that the calls calls never ring my phone, but go directly to my voicemail. The bad thing is that I have to go in almost every blasted day to delete their recorded vm message. Is there any way for Ooma to totally block them? Not an earth shattering problem but certainly a nuisance. Another odd thing is that these calls don't even show up on my missed calls or incoming list-- the voicemail just randomly shows up in my vm inbox.

lbmofo

Re: Odd robocall issue

Post by lbmofo » Thu May 09, 2013 11:46 am

As you guessed, it might be community blacklist still enabled condition even though you don't have Premier anymore. This is actually better than your phone ringing all the time from this number calling right?

EX Bell

Post by EX Bell » Thu May 09, 2013 6:49 pm

lbmofo wrote:As you guessed, it might be community blacklist still enabled condition even though you don't have Premier anymore. This is actually better than your phone ringing all the time from this number calling right?
I see understand what you mean. That's unfortunate if that's the case, that it's now stuck on send to VM and he no longer has a way to change it as he's not a Premier customer. Would Ooma CS be able to change that for him then? Alternately he could just sign up for a monthly billing of Premier, change the setting and then cancel again after a month, but it would be much better customer service to just change that one setting for him if possible.
Customer Since: 1/17/12
Service: Premier 1/30/2012
BELL Canada Port: 1/30/12 - 2/13/12
TekSavvy via BELL FTTN: 25 Mbps/10 Mbps
Setup: Sagemcom 2864 > Cisco E2000 > Time Capsule v1 > Telo
Handsets: Panasonic KX-TG6655S DECT 6.0

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Thu May 09, 2013 6:52 pm

EX Bell wrote:I see understand what you mean. That's unfortunate if that's the case, that it's now stuck on send to VM and he no longer has a way to change it as he's not a Premier customer. Would Ooma CS be able to change that for him then? Alternately he could just sign up for a monthly billing of Premier, change the setting and then cancel again after a month, but it would be much better customer service to just change that one setting for him if possible.
If CS is contacted, for sure they will fix the setting (set to no blacklist active). However, since no Premier subscription to enable/disable/provision blacklists, the calls from this 800 number will ring through. Appropriate outcome but maybe not desired outcome. :)

EX Bell

Post by EX Bell » Thu May 09, 2013 7:24 pm

Rock and a hard place. Got it. Ibmofo is right, leave well enough alone. You don't have this going to a gmail account by chance do you tuvanhillbilly? If so, just create a filter to auto delete any message that contains 866-578-4773
Customer Since: 1/17/12
Service: Premier 1/30/2012
BELL Canada Port: 1/30/12 - 2/13/12
TekSavvy via BELL FTTN: 25 Mbps/10 Mbps
Setup: Sagemcom 2864 > Cisco E2000 > Time Capsule v1 > Telo
Handsets: Panasonic KX-TG6655S DECT 6.0

tuvanhillbilly

Post by tuvanhillbilly » Fri May 10, 2013 7:04 am

Yeah, rock and a hard place is right on. If I have to have a choice between having it ring through or just go to VM, I'll take VM obviously. I just wish there was a way that Ooma could simply block that number entirely. But as I said, it's really just a small nuisance to have to delete the vm, so I'll just put up with it until they decide to stop calling.
Thanks everyone for the responses.