Can not connect to doctor's office with Carelink Monitor

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
LOOKOUT16
Can not connect to doctor's office with Carelink Monitor

Post by LOOKOUT16 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:00 pm

Unable to use Medtronic Carelink Monitor to call in my Inplanted Cardio Defibulator readings to my doctor. I can hear the call being placed but the call will not connect to the doctor"s office. I have tried plugging the Carelink Monitor directly to the Ooma switch. Any ideas.

parity_bit

Re: Can not connect to doctor's office with Carelink Monitor

Post by parity_bit » Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:18 am

Is this an automated process? Sorry I don't quite understand the nature of the device's reporting. But I saw no replies to your message and didn't want you to feel ignored! ;)

Were I you, I would keep a landline for outgoing only calls (they used to offer these lines at a discount, don't know if that's still a practice today) for this most important task. As much as we all love Ooma, there are still (I feel) mission critical uses that I just wouldn't trust to anything but %100 foolproof.
(Granted, even a traditional landline--if those exist anymore in pure form, can fail... there are just not as many variables it would seem)

parity_bit

Re: Can not connect to doctor's office with Carelink Monitor

Post by parity_bit » Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:27 am

LOOKOUT16 wrote:Unable to use Medtronic Carelink Monitor to call in my Inplanted Cardio Defibulator readings to my doctor. I can hear the call being placed but the call will not connect to the doctor"s office. I have tried plugging the Carelink Monitor directly to the Ooma switch. Any ideas.
Beyond what I said above, I think there are some tweeks you can make... though I don't know if they'd be relevant.
This is a Premier only setting (Which I don't know if you've subscribed to, or if it would have any relevancy) but at my.ooma.com/system there's a setting "Enable Premier FAX" with a list box enabling 3 progressive levels of redundancy.
The logic being, if it does use any kind of automated signaling this might help?
Also you could try a setting http://www.ooma.com/app/support/star-co ... oma-device that might help toggle a necessary call filter I guess but since you wrote the call won't even connect, I've probably suggested things with varying degrees of moot-ness.

Call Customer Support and make sure they help resolve this for you.