Why can't any Ooma call the 570 area code? (Pennsylvania)

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
Cistern
Re: Why can't any Ooma call the 570 area code? (Pennsylvania)

Post by Cistern » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:08 pm

Just came across this thread. I live one area code away (610) in PA from the OP. The last week I've had spotty off-and-on problems regarding both placing calls and hearing anyone on the other end when I pick up.

Like I said, it's spotty, one day it's ok the next it's not. Today it's certainly not.

I've read the entire thread and I wonder if it is indeed a routing issue in my local area. Verizon is our local carrier here, so it isn't a little guy and I live in area of over 150,000 people within a five-mile radius of my house, so I wouldn't say I live in a rural area.

Hopefully someone is on this and it gets fixed. I've been with Ooma for four years and while there have been problems, overall, it's been pretty good.

mrbill16

Post by mrbill16 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:24 pm

beerman1957 wrote:Why are you blaming OOMA for routing issues they have no control over? It's an issue with the local TELCOM especially in rural areas where FCC obviously doesn't police. I would actually report the routing issue to the FCC so they can investigate the local TELCOM.

I have had my OOMA TELO since they came out and never ever had a problem, so I sold them to 3 others who also never have a problem. I suspect OOMA is doing a good job trying to resolve routing issues. They don't have billions of dollars like ATT or Verizon.
Excuse me, but whom were you addressing about blaming Ooma?

brausse

Post by brausse » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:26 am

I'm having a similar problem calling the 309 area code. It's intermittent, sometimes I call and everything works fine, sometimes I call and the person I'm calling doesn't answer until many rings (typically 12 or more) and when I ask why it took so long, she says her phone only rang a couple times before she answered. Other times the phone rings forever and is never answered by the person or her answering machine.