Some Local numbers not working

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
SylviaCaras
turning off and on corrected my problem

Post by SylviaCaras » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:58 am

My area code is 831. Sunday I could not call out to local (831), nearby (408) or 800. I could reach 908. That was all I tested. Incoming was fine. After looking at this forum and seeing that the problems could be intermittent, before emailing support, I unplugged the Ooma Telo, plugged it back in and after it had rebooted, all worked. I did not turn off the modem, just the electricity. (I thought somewhere on MyOoma I could find the version number and date but I can't find it.)

Now I'm wondering if the getting stuck could have had to do with telemarketers calls. I get a lot of them - they go to voice mail. Could something not have properly disconnected, interfered with the software for outgoing calls? (I have only basic service - I loved having the black list option for the 60 day premier trial, but it's not worth $100 a year to me.)

Sylvia

Bell_Free

Re: Some Local numbers not working

Post by Bell_Free » Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:07 pm

I just had my number ported from Bell Canada and now I can't call Bell (a local number) to cancel my account. Funny. Will do it via Internet instead.

Oh, and I had a Bell representative call me today to get me back with them. Off to the blacklist that number went! I wonder what the "disconnected number" message sounds like.

MLXXXp

Post by MLXXXp » Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:23 am

Bell_Free wrote:I just had my number ported from Bell Canada and now I can't call Bell (a local number) to cancel my account.
You should be able to reach them via their toll free 1-800-668-6878 number.

Bell_Free

Post by Bell_Free » Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:49 pm

MLXXXp wrote:
Bell_Free wrote:You should be able to reach them via their toll free 1-800-668-6878 number.
Thanks, I did just that. Long wait and I was told I'd have to call them again later on to get a credit on my last bill. Looking forward to being truly Bell Free!