Call Screen + Voice Mail = weird behavior?

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
Lampson
Re: Call Screen + Voice Mail = weird behavior?

Post by Lampson » Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:58 am

Yes- multi-ring is config'd. I believe that is the only way to get a "press 1" prompt- which is to make sure that in multi-ring configs, the user is directed to the ooma VM system only.

Thanks

bc3tech

Post by bc3tech » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:05 pm

Lampson wrote:Yes- multi-ring is config'd. I believe that is the only way to get a "press 1" prompt- which is to make sure that in multi-ring configs, the user is directed to the ooma VM system only.

Thanks
yeah so still - multi-ring's the culprit and apparently they haven't fixed it.

i won't be renewing my premier service until they do.

WayneDsr

Post by WayneDsr » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:30 pm

Sounds to me like ooma is treating the voicemail machine like a forwarded number and announces the multiring announcement when the machine picks up. Interesting.....

Wayne

Lampson

Post by Lampson » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:39 pm

Possibly, or the BAM and the multi-ring announcements are on 2 different systems and are out of sync. With the BAM picking up too early on the multi-ring announcement when it hasn't yet completed its process.

Do you know where the multi-ring announcement is generated from? I know the hub is running linux and I see no reason for that not to be the interface, so maybe a hub reboot is necessary.

WayneDsr

Post by WayneDsr » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:08 pm

Since I have a landline available I tried to duplicate your issue. Called my ooma number, which is forwarded to my cell phone. Let ooma voicemail answer and left a message.

All worked fine.
Does your issue happen every time, or randomly?

Wayne

bc3tech

Post by bc3tech » Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:12 am

Bobby B in the Status thread wrote:7/7 10:15AM - We are looking into reports that Multi-Ring is not working, specifically pressing "1" to accept the call is not connecting users to the caller.

7/7 11:00AM - The issue has been traced to one of our carrier partners. We've taken them out of service, so this problem should no longer be occurring.