Ooma Telo stopped working, nonstop blinking red logo

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
murphy
Re: Ooma Telo stopped working, nonstop blinking red logo

Post by murphy » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:46 pm

You don't have to rent a modem from Comcast unless you are using their phone service. I don't use their phone service and own my own modem. I have two Telos and they are both working fine.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

oomamaniacal

Post by oomamaniacal » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:08 pm

With my cable company you can buy your own modem. If you subscribe to their home phone service, then they will provide a voice modem with no monthly fee.
Premier Subscriber
Telo One with Four Linx Devices
Google Voice Extensions

Oomauser407

Post by Oomauser407 » Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:43 pm

I just bought this device less than 6mos old. Same issue. Won't automatically reconnect to the internet by itself. Tech support tried to B.S. me over dynamic or static IP as if my IP address changes when I'm just a residential basic home internet. The provide on IP that does not change. Their only solution is use a computer or phone that has nothing to do with why the base is not reconnecting on its own. Ooma tech tried to say the dont work like your Average TV, laptop, cellphone, or Alexa by automatically reconnecting. If it can't reconnect itself on its own, it is defective devise. Ooma already try to sneaky charge me for premium services when I never signed up or given an email saying I was put in a trial and how to cancel trial. Had to call and ask for a refund for sneak practices and now the device needs a computer or a cell phone trouble shoot and can't trouble shoot with its own base device. Serious issues.

dastagg

Post by dastagg » Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:02 am

Although this thread is old, my mothers Ooma is doing this. It flashes red and goes through the boot up process and when it should turn blue, it clicks and starts the booting over again. I changed the network cable and still same thing. Eventually, it does turn blue but takes an hour or so to finally start working. Problem is she is elderly and doing this she loses her life alert system. It worked perfect when originally set up system but this has happened twice in last few weeks and she is new customer in only November 2022. I have for myself at my home the very old system since 2009 and works flawlessly since new. I am wondering if new device is needed but when I finally get them to answer phone later, it is working and they don’t even give help. I am frustrated with them for lack of help. Shouldn't take an hour or more to connect and requires me to be there and keep trying to get her booted.