ooma answering machine/scout do not hang up at end of call.

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
pattifailing
ooma answering machine/scout do not hang up at end of call.

Post by pattifailing » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:37 am

My problem is the ooma answering machine or scout do not hang up after the person leaving the message hangs up. First I hear the message, then I hear what sounds like a dial tone , then I hear a fast busy signal. Even tho the message may be only 5 or 10 seconds, by the time I listen to dial tone and busy signal, it lasts about 2 minutes. I have tried disconnecting the ooma hub and plugging it back in. I am using the ooma service with a land line. I have had the ooma service for 2 months and 3 days. My problem started 3 days ago when the 2 month free trial of ooma premier service ended. I have calld customer service and they are looking into it. Anyone know a solution? thanks, ron

southsound

Re: ooma answering machine/scout do not hang up at end of call.

Post by southsound » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:13 am

You have already done what I would have suggested - calling tech support. They will be able to determine what is happening. They may ask for a log of the calls when it happened, so if you are able, keep a list of offending calls and the times received. The ooma voicemail should cut off after a period of silience - possibly the landline is not staying silent enough or long enough to kick off the system. Keep us posted as to the resolution.

And welcome to ooma and to the forums!
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.