main number won't ring, 2nd one will

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
quebert
main number won't ring, 2nd one will

Post by quebert » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:41 pm

Here's my problem, if I dial my main number the 1 flashes on my hub but the phone doesn't ring. If I let the voice mail connect and leave a message, I don't get the voice mail. If I call the 2nd number I added it rings normally and voice mail works.

I'm not sure if this is the problem, but I added a hub device in my preference and put the 2nd number in it. I tried moving the number back to shared and it's giving me an error and won't let me. I've tried 5-6 times since this afternoon, in both IE and Firefox with no luck. What do I have to do to get my main number to ring?

thanks.

bw1

Re: main number won't ring, 2nd one will

Post by bw1 » Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:28 pm

Try powerfailing the hub - remove the power for 30-60 seconds and then plug it back in.

If that doesn't work, you can try to reset the hub - remove the power for 30-60 seconds and then press and hold down the ooma (blue) tab while plugging it back in.

quebert

Re: main number won't ring, 2nd one will

Post by quebert » Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:16 pm

I will try that, I called today and the lady on the phone was unable to move my 2nd number from the hub I stupidly assigned it to back to my shared devices.

*EDIT* well I sort of fixed it, I assigned the 2nd number to a scout, which I don't even have hooked up. And now my main number is ringing and the 2nd one is going straight to voice mail. Being able to get calls only on my main $ works for me until Ooma tech support can help me.