Nomorobo Blocking ADT Alarm Response Calls

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
Bob 1949
Nomorobo Blocking ADT Alarm Response Calls

Post by Bob 1949 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:43 am

Well I let Ooma know about this today and got a totally unhelpful "Customer Service" agent. Recently my wife tripped the alarm during a 3 in the morning trip downstairs for something to settle her stomach. She tripped the alarm and thought she had cancelled it... She did not and our Ooma landline responded to ADT calling to verify the alarm with "your call has been blocked"... Our cell phones were off, so we had police at the door at 3 in the morning.

This is new, as we had received alarm verification calls, 1, maybe 2 in the last couple years with Ooma. You give a code word to ADT and its over. Spoke with ADT, they did a test call, yep, same blocked message when they test called me todat from 800 238-2727. Since this is their national number, any of you who have ADT alarm service will also get your call from them blocked.

I answered Ooma's CS rep's questions, no they are not in my personal list. Per him no you can't whitelist them and not sure what happens if they are in your contact list. What should I do, ah turn off the blocking and take all the robo calls is what I was told. You can't update the list, noooo it's a database and we can't change it. See session below:

"You: Would it not be a good idea for Ooma to remove the ADT call out number from the blacklist, so your subscribers can receive alarm calls from the largest alarm company in the nation?
Jared: Well as mentioned, once a number is submitted on the community/expanded blacklist, there is no way to place it out.
Jared: Hence, "whitelisting"
You: Really, someone has the list, I used to get calls, can't this be verified and the list manager notified. ADT does not make sales calls on this line, just call outs in response to alarms they receive
Jared: There are or is no "list manager". It's managed by our online database and is computer driven. That's also one reason why we can't pull out numbers from being blacklisted.
You: OK, very unhelpful, and it makes the service less valuable to me.... databases can be updated and changed, I will advise ADT they have the issue
You have disconnected."

Fortunately, I came here, read how to get on Nomorrobo and reported the number as being on the list in error. Hopefully, Nomorrobo checks and removes it.

Me, I'll be sending this onto Oooma. Maybe they can tell their CS the procedure, being on Nomorrobo's list is not like being on the FAA's no fly list, you can report it and get it checked and removed

Lakeo

Re: Nomorobo Blocking ADT Alarm Response Calls

Post by Lakeo » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:16 pm

I had a similar problem with a Code Red alert number in our town being blocked. I reported it to Nomorobo and they removed it from the blocked list. Seems that some municipalities were using the number, which is handled by an Alert Service of some kind, to send out routine notices to their residents and people got tired of it and had the number blocked.

AFOSAWIPS

Re: Nomorobo Blocking ADT Alarm Response Calls

Post by AFOSAWIPS » Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:20 pm

2020, this is happening to me. 2nd time in recent months.