I dial one number and the phone calls another

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
ahteneyck
I dial one number and the phone calls another

Post by ahteneyck » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:13 am

I am having difficulty with making outgoing calls. This doesn't always happen, but it is happening more often than I would like. I dial the phone for one number and it calls someone completely different. I look on the phone to make sure I have dialed correctly and the phone says I have, but I obviously have the wrong number; when I look online at the Ooma call log, it lists a different number, usually one or two numbers off. This happens when I call both in state and out of state. Can anyone help? It is very irritating and frustrating.

Groundhound

Re: I dial one number and the phone calls another

Post by Groundhound » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:52 am

That's a strange problem. Try calling the number at this site: http://www.testcall.com/222-1111.htm. It will echo back DTMF tones so you can hear if the correct number is being sent from your handset (see "DTMF echo" on the site).

niknak

Re: I dial one number and the phone calls another

Post by niknak » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:22 pm

Maybe some of the buttons on your phone are not working correctly...DTMF sends 2 tones per digit dialed, it's possible one or more of your buttons are defective. That is why the problem happens intermittently.
Try swapping phones and dialing the problematic numbers