Wacky international calls - looping responses, wrong numbers

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
jrjcopp
Wacky international calls - looping responses, wrong numbers

Post by jrjcopp » Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:24 am

About a month ago, I tried to call my son in Hong Kong. We have a multi-handset Panasonic phone with his number stored in the phone's address book. We had previously called him successfully.

Call 1: Autodial - he answers the phone, is able to make one or two short responses, thereafter his first utterings are repeated for the next few minutes, seemingly at breaks in my conversation.
Call 2: Autodial - Goes to wrong number. (In Hong Kong?)
Call 3: Autodial - he answers the phone, is able to make one or two short responses, thereafter his first utterings are repeated for the next few minutes, seemingly at breaks in my conversation.

This week:
Call 1: Autodial -wrong number, USA
Call 2: Plugged in number - wrong number, USA
Call 3: Plugged in number - he answers the phone, is able to make one or two short responses, thereafter his first utterings are repeated for the next few minutes, seemingly at breaks in my conversation.

Phone works fine for all domestic calls. We have no one else we call internationally using our prepaid minutes.

I have no clue!

yukit

Re: Wacky international calls - looping responses, wrong numbers

Post by yukit » Thu May 14, 2020 11:42 pm

I ran into a similar issue about a week ago calling Japan a couple of times. I thought the person I was speaking to was affected by dementia since the conversation was repeated over & over again. When I realized the same thing was happening again with a different landline number in Japan, I hung up on Ooma to make a call with my cellphone instead.

Seemed like Matrix was having a glitch. I have no idea if the issue was with Ooma or the international carrier. I have not made any international calls since.