A few days ago, calls to the 503 number started ringing just twice, stop ringing, and then the caller would get dead air, and the call on my phone display would show it was disconnected. If calls are picked up during the two rings, they seem to connect normally. Calls to the 760 area code ring normally and can be answered within 4 rings or the call goes to my Uniden Dect 6 answering machine. Prior to a few days ago, both numbers worked fine, and have been doing so for years.
I have made no changes to my equipment, but one minor setup change. About 4 or 5 days ago, I did reset the number of rings before the Telo answering machine picks up from 6 to 8, and changed the Uniden answering machine to pick up after 6 rings. I did this to allow time for me to answer my cell phone, which is set up for Multi Ring, Call Forwarding. I have reset it to 6, and the Uniden to 4, but it did not affect the issue. I have rebooted the Modem, router and Telo several times, but the problem persists. The Telo is behind the router.
Any thoughts on what might be going on.
After escalating the issue to level 2 tech support, and spending about 45 minutes making test calls and checking configuration settings, it was determined that under Apps settings, "Enable Google Voice Extension" had been check marked and so the system was attempting to send the calls to Google Voice after two rings. Since I do not have a Google Voice number, and in fact cannot remember recently visiting that App page, it is a mystery as to how the "Enable" box became “checked.” I guess some kind of a software gremlin. Anyway, problem resolved by unchecking the “Enable” box.
I would also like to comment that I was extremely pleased with the competence and professionalism of the Technical Representative that helped resolve the issue.
I called Ooma support, spoke to Marlo, who quickly decided to perform diagnostics on my Telo, (through the internet router), and then do a refresh on the Telo. That required me to hang up; it took about 10 minutes to run, and the problem was solved. Hooray for Ooma! Horray for Marlo.
The default setting for "Auto Answer answer delay" is two seconds; so you must change it to "disabled."