Telo receives calls but does not make calls

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
emilygrace
Telo receives calls but does not make calls

Post by emilygrace » Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:20 pm

Has anyone found a solution to their problem of the Telo receiving calls but not making them? Ooma support has not been helpful. They have had me document the problem, send photos of the device, attempted to issue an update through the line, and then simply said they don't know what the problem is. Everything was working fine, until it wasn't. It will receive calls, and that is all. I cannot make calls. It will receive voicemail and the indicator will light up, but the voicemail messages do not play. When attempting to make a call, there is a dial tone. Upon placing the call, the line goes silent for approximately 15 seconds and then returns a fast busy. Does not matter if it is a long distance or local call. It will not call any number. Would appreciate any help. Thank you.

murphy

Re: Telo receives calls but does not make calls

Post by murphy » Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:32 pm

Do you have 10 digit dialing enabled? If you don't you must dial either 7 digits for a local call or 11 digits for all other calls.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

emilygrace

Post by emilygrace » Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:43 pm

Thank you. I have tried both ways. Same result.

murphy

Post by murphy » Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:41 pm

What phone are you using? Any chance it has both pulse dial and tone dial capabilities and somehow got switched to pulse mode?
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:49 pm

try again now

emilygrace

Post by emilygrace » Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:46 am

THANK YOU A MILLION TIMES OVER. whatever magic you did on your side fixed all the problems. The phone support team were unable to do anything for me and I have been living with this issue for 3 months. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.

peteunderwood

Post by peteunderwood » Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:03 am

What did you do to fix??? We have been living with the same problem, but it works 70% of the time.
We also occasionally get the service saying that "the number you have dialed is not in service.".

This morning after 15 attempts it went through.

Very frustrating... it seems to me that it is service related.

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:07 am

You've had 10-digit dialing enabled since 3/2. From the attempts this AM it appears the number you're trying to dial starts with your area code and ends with 3844. Is that correct? However there's a number of attempts to 7241844 and also a couple of 8- and 9-digit attempts. These all appear to be misdials.

With 10-digit dialing enabled you can dial any one of these ways:

1. dial 10 digits, starting with the area code
2. dial 11 digits, so with leading 1
3. dial 7 digits then #, so excluding the area code (the # terminates the wait for additional digits)

Kona Coffee Guy

Post by Kona Coffee Guy » Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:13 am

I have a similar sounding problem.

I have two Telos, each connected to a TP-Link GigE switch behind the router. We recently changed homes and as a result ISPs, and I upgraded our router from an Airport Express to an Airport Extreme.

I can receive calls just fine on both Telos, the voicemail indicator sets and resets fine, and the my.ooma dashboard shows the Telo status as being green and online.

The problem is that I cannot make outgoing calls. I've tried enabling 10-digit dialing (never had it enabled before), I've tried the various forms of dialing (7,10, and 11 digit), and the result is always the same - after a 15-second delay following the last digit I receive a fast-busy signal. I've tried dialing other Ooma numbers as well as non-Ooma numbers - the result is the same - fast busy after 15-seconds. I've tried switch to/from Alarm mode, switching among the regular and Ooma dialtones - no change.

Thoughts?

Thank you! KKG

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:30 pm

try again now