Unable to receive calls from MagicJack

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
airjam
Unable to receive calls from MagicJack

Post by airjam » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:42 am

When I receive a call from a Magicjack # my Ooma rings but I cannot hear the person making the call from a Magicjack. The Magicjack user can hear me but no sound from Ooma. Thought this was a fluke until I experienced the same issue from a different Magicjack to my other Ooma account from different locations and the issue remains the same.
Works OK in the reverse. I can make calls from my Ooma to Magicjack without any issues.

BladeZX

Re: Unable to receive calls from MagicJack

Post by BladeZX » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:44 am

I am having the exact same issue

If a magic jack caller calls me they can hear me but I cannot hear them
It ooma calls the magic jack everything works fine

Did you ever find a solution?

BladeZX

Post by BladeZX » Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:28 am

No one else has this issue?

Jay44

Post by Jay44 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:13 am

I'm having a similar issue with POTS calls. However, when answering with the Ooma app on a smartphone, the call is full duplex. Answering with the Telo, I can't hear the caller but they can hear me. I swear these phone services don't play nice with each other on purpose...

doantran

Post by doantran » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:39 pm

BladeZX wrote:No one else has this issue?
The same problem with me and my friend!
I think, this is a big problem to many OOMA customers since MagicJack is not a small company and they have a lot customers (maybe more than OOMA does).
This cannot be solved when OOMA not really want to do.

pierreabinader

Post by pierreabinader » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:03 am

Hey guys,

This issue is now resolved. The Ooma technical support did actually resolve the matter by applying a patch, although the problem was actually from Magic Jack, however it was "worked around" by a technical patch update on the Ooma side. Great work indeed. Happy with the results.

TSS

Post by TSS » Tue May 07, 2019 1:04 pm

Well if this issue is resolved I say it isn't...... have been experiencing the same thing since I switched to Ooma this past Dec. I had a majicJack previously and is why I switched. So if there is a solution I'd like to know whom to contact. ThnX

Bagheera

Post by Bagheera » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:02 pm

je reçois l'appel mais je n'entends rien, je dois rappeler mon ami à chaque fois. Lui il m'entend. Que dois-je faire ?

Bagheera

Post by Bagheera » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:19 am

My friend is with magic jack and when he call me , he hear my voice but not me, I can't hear his voice. I need to call back him everytime he try to call me.

Can you help me ?

Thx

TonyW

Post by TonyW » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:53 am

This is a user support forum, these days. If you require a response, you're best bet is a call to support.