Loooong delay in outbound call connect time

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
johnd
Re: Loooong delay in outbound call connect time

Post by johnd » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:13 pm

That did it. I don't know how DND got enabled. As a color blind person, I can't see the difference between the blue and purple display.

thanks very much!
john.

murphy

Post by murphy » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:49 pm

When DND is enabled the dial tone changes from the standard dial tone to a stutter dial tone.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

D & L in Indy

Post by D & L in Indy » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:02 am

OK,
I found out what the problem was regarding symptoms of the looong delay issue.(at least with my looong delay)

Whenever your ISP drops service, even for a moment, and then you need to use your Ooma phone, The secure "handshake" is lost. So either you need to re-power up your Telo (reboot) or allow sufficient time for your ISP and Telo to recognize each other.
Just because your Telo may exhibit a "blue flower", that doesn't mean everything is honky dory regarding security protocol with your ISP and Telo unit so just give it some time after internet service is temporarily dropped, or reconnect the power cord.
That is what I found with my situation.

STM

Post by STM » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:59 pm

Hi TomB-

I've been on Tech Support calls repeatedly the last week. Similar issues. Call connects, dies after 30 sec. Seemed to happen around the last update. Can you please advise? Calling and opening tickets hasn't gotten me anywhere. Appreciate it!!

monalude

Post by monalude » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:50 am

Hello
I'm having a long delay when outbound calling as well
My wife complained about this and I noticed it yesterday. If we dial an outside number there is no ring and the person at the other end just picks up after some delay. Also other times the user at the other end picks up but there is a delay hearing us.

Is there some thing that can be done at your end?

Thanks

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:58 am

STM, both telo on your account are offline.
monalude, try now.

mhel

Post by mhel » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:35 am

I am experiencing a similar problem. When I make a call, there is a long pause and I hear no ring tone. If the other party answers I don't hear them nor do they hear me. Same problem with incoming calls: no ringing on my phone. What can I do? Thanks

STM

Post by STM » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:45 am

Both telo? I only have one, I'll reset. The "Blue" logo light is on, my Router/modem says it's "active" but you're right.. No dialtone and My Ooma says offline. Resetting now..

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:45 am

mhel, try now.
STM, moved your telo to the East Coast server.

STM

Post by STM » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:05 am

Thank you, initially helped incoming call stay start for 1min, end and receive a 2nd for 3min+. Huge step forward. Upon hanging up with Adv TS (in which this happened), I then "tested" having Ooma call out to my cellphone. I could hear for a little over 30 sec, then the line "went dead." Tried hanging up on cell and Oooma-connected phone. Line is "dead," now there isn't any ringtone.

We tried scanning for blocked ports in Telo settings, nothing came back. Any other tricks? I'm back, on hold, waiting for Adv TS once more..