Loooong delay in outbound call connect time

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
smm1234
Re: Loooong delay in outbound call connect time

Post by smm1234 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:41 pm

Tom B - Incoming call rang and went to voicemail for the caller. I answered and heard nothing but silence. Calling support now.

ScottN

Post by ScottN » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:57 pm

Tom B, our issue seems to be fixed now. I have tested both incoming and outgoing calls. Thanks for your help!

ScottN

RonS

Post by RonS » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:34 am

I am joining onto this topic since it seems to be about the same problem I have been having with Ooma calling. The same issue occurs that outbound calls don't want to connect, and also incoming calls only ring a couple of times before going to voicemail, though I have it set for 6 rings before it goes to voicemail/answering machine. Thanks for any help you can provide to fix these problems.

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:36 pm

RonS, please try now

stetou

Post by stetou » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:00 pm

I still have the issue, I don't know if something was done to my telo by support...
If there is something you want me to test please be specific on what to do so I do it right.
thanks

OomaClarks

Lots of Incoming/Outgoing Call Issues

Post by OomaClarks » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:13 am

Hello all.

Have had Ooma service for a few months, and was really happy up until about a month ago. Since then there have been a lot of issues. Multiple incoming callers get our voicemail without us ever hearing the phone ring, outgoing calls sometimes fail to connect at all.

Yesterday a reset of the base unit seemed to help, but this morning the issues are back. No incoming calls are making it through, and outgoing calls are not connecting either.

It also seems that using the HD2 handset produces worse results than the cordless phone that is connected into the base station directly. Not sure if thats a separate problem, or if they are related.

Any help is much appreciated!

Ryan.Curry

Post by Ryan.Curry » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:40 am

Please add me to the list of those having this issue. I just received a call from my wife where it was silent for about 20 seconds then I could hear her, as she was complaining that this keeps happening it dropped the call (about 10 - 15 seconds in). Once she called back I could hear her immediately and the call kept up. It's to the point where she's saying "get it fixed or we're switching to something else". If you can make mama happy, the world will be a better and safer place.

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:51 am

stetou, Ryan.Curry : please try now

stetou

Post by stetou » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:55 am

Just tried from ooma to my cell phone and it is not fixed.
We hear the ooma sounds, then it dials, and after several seconds we hear the rings and the person answer
Note that sometimes after several seconds the line just hang up and we hear omma sounds again and we need to redial

lstarr

Re: Lots of Incoming/Outgoing Call Issues

Post by lstarr » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:23 am

I have been having the exact same issue. I answer the phone and the caller can't hear me and then the call forwards to voicemail. Or I call out and either get no dialtone..or the caller on the other end can't hear me. This has been happening a lot the last couple of weeks.