Loooong delay in outbound call connect time

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
OomaClarks
Re: Lots of Incoming/Outgoing Call Issues

Post by OomaClarks » Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:24 am

Still having issues as of this morning. Any thoughts?

Gary_fr_OH

Re: Loooong delay in outbound call connect time

Post by Gary_fr_OH » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:44 am

I am also have connection issues. I hear one ring, then dead silence on an outbound call.

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:35 am

Gary_fr_OH, try now

D & L in Indy

Post by D & L in Indy » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:19 am

Hi All,

The reason I logged on here is because we also have experienced very long delay in outbound calls, would wait to the point of just hanging up and trying again since there was just "dead air" waiting to hear a connecting "ring".
After reading this thread, I made sure there was no internet activity when re-booting the Ooma Telo.
We have Ooma Premier service with 3 Ooma phone numbers and 2 Linx devices.
We experience a consistent 25-30 Mb up with 3.5 Mb min. down. We have been with Ooma for less than a year.

It is our hope that we can obtain a 'tweak' or fix regarding this line delay. I have re-booted the Telo and Linx devices today as well as last week and the week prior in an attempt to rectify this connection delay. Now registered on this Ooma forum in an attempt to share our similar delay as those noted in this thread before engaging tech support.

Thanks Guys for your feedback,
D.

OomaClarks

Post by OomaClarks » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:37 am

Ill add in that this is also one of the symptoms that is occurring with our Ooma as well. Probably close to 30 seconds from dialing to when a connection is made. I saw there was a software update post made last night, but what changed in the meantime to start causing these issues?

JS10013

Post by JS10013 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:32 am

About 3 weeks ago, my Ooma Telo started flashing with 3 red blinks followed by a pause, and so on and on (I finally tracked down that it was apparently indicating that an update was pending). The telo is connected direcly by wire to a Time Warner cable modem, with the output of the Telo going to my phone by wire and to my PC and smart TV via a wired switch. I get 3.6 MBs down and 1.2 MBs up and it has been working fine for my PC. I live in downtown Manhattan. The red blinks lasted for several days with problems on both ongoing and incoming calls until I got a chance to do a reset. After the reset, problems continued, especially with outgoing calls although occasionally on incoming ones as well. Routinely on the first call to a number, I hear the Ooma tune and a few rings and then silence. The silence is probaby because I cannot hear the other end whether a person or an answering machine. Sometimes I will start hearing the other side after 20 or even 40 seconds if I hang in there (and they haven't tried to call me). Weirdly, if I call the same number after hanging up after I hear the dial tone, I am much more likely to hear all the rings and the other person or answering machine right off, like it did when I originally got Ooma last September. I did another reset yesterday about noon, but it did not solve the problem. I see that, as of last night, there is an Ooma update which, among other things, will "Fix issue where calls in some network topologies had intermittent 1-way audio [35988]." My Ooma telo is still showing solid blue. Is the update related to my ongoing Ooma failures? Would doing yet another reset likely improve my Ooma service? JS10013

Gary_fr_OH

Post by Gary_fr_OH » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:26 am

Tom B wrote:Gary_fr_OH, try now
Working now. Thanks so much.

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:52 pm

D & L in Indy, JS10013 : try now

OomaClarks : please power cycle

OomaClarks

Post by OomaClarks » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:54 pm

Hi Tom.

Thanks for trying to tweak something... But no such luck. After a power cycle still not able to have any luck getting out, and calls coming in are still heading to VM.

Any other thoughts? Ooma is connected directly to the modem, router is after the Ooma.

johnd

Post by johnd » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:10 pm

I'm having the long delay in outbound call connect time as well, often the call doesn't connect at all and just drops before ringing. It doesn't seem to matter whether I press phone and dial, dial and press phone, or use a favorite number.

Incoming calls are mostly not working. Sometime I get one ring. Sometimes it just forwards to my cell and rings once.

I'm not getting a lot of use out of my ooma. It was working fine in both directions until a few days ago, maybe when this thread started.

johnd