Incoming call rings, but can't answer

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
Jayski
Re: Incoming call rings, but can't answer

Post by Jayski » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:35 pm

Thank you Tom. It seems like it's responding as it should now. I'll try it again in the morning after the kids get off the phone for more than an hour lol.
Thanks for your help.
Can you message me what changes, if any, you made on my device so that if it is ever reset I can adjust accordingly?
Thanks again!

crazydmc

Post by crazydmc » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:29 pm

crazydmc wrote:thanks Tom, I called twice and it worked! I'll report back in couple days if it keeps working to confirm.
just following up... working fine since 3/13 when Tom said "Try now"... thanks.

El Brujo

Post by El Brujo » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:41 pm

OK, I'll also jump in on this problem. I've been an Ooma user for several years and it has worked very well until about 3 weeks ago. Same symptoms as others have. It seems to be triggered by an incoming phone call from a friend on his cell phone, but that may just be coincidence. Outgoing calls seem to work fine except calls to 800 numbers. There, the phone doesn't ring but someone answers. It even happened today when I called Ooma customer service! I've seen that you switch people to the East Coast server and I live on the East Coast of USA, so if that is a possible solution how do I switch servers if I'm not on the EC server? My internet provider is Time Warner Cable (now Spectrum) and they promise faster speeds but deliver slower. Changes made by Ooma CRs and Techs haven't seemed to work. I think that all they've done is adjust QoS settings. Anything else to be done.

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:03 pm

mac26d, your telo never upgraded so not impacted by this issue.
Jayski, changed your upstream to 1950.
El Brujo, try now.

My3kGT

Post by My3kGT » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:40 pm

Add one more to this issue. Caller gets a "This number is not accepting calls" message when they call. At first I dismissed the problem because they were doing some roadwork nearby, and this has disrupted service before. However, it is now about 2 weeks and the road work is done but the problem persists. I'm glad I found this thread so I see the problem is not mine alone.

I've had Ooma for 2 years and love it, but this is looking like a major issue not getting properly resolved.

mart

Post by mart » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:06 am

Same problem here, when I answer the line is dead and when I call there is a long delay or it just doesn't ring at all. This problem started about 2 weeks ago. Would be nice to have a solution for this problem.
Thanks

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:53 am

My3kGT, different issue, please escalate with support.
mart, try now.

hampster14

Post by hampster14 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:24 pm

i've been having this issue too. going on a month or so now. a call from that number appears to mess up the connection, because when i answer they cant hear me and any other call received from any number up until i unplug the system is messed up. happened again last night during a call from said number, cut off half way through and when they called back my phone rang but there was no sound. again, power cycling fixed the issue.

i've tried the ooma phone before my router and after, thought it was a router issue at first, issue happened both times.

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:25 pm

Moved your telo to East Coast server. You're currently not using the telo home port so not impacted by the issue in this thread. See p7.

phroberts

Post by phroberts » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:46 pm

My Mom has Ooma, is using the Home port, has a fairly low speed internet connection (2-3down, 1up), and has been having these issues for a while. Thanks to this thread I think it's fixed. I could switch between 512 and 0 and the ring on an outgoing call would come back with the zero setting. If I never change the setting back to 512, what is the down side?
Last edited by phroberts on Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.