Incoming call rings, but can't answer

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
johnjohn
Re: Incoming call rings, but can't answer

Post by johnjohn » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:42 am

Yes, I did mean power cycle. If there is another way to reset I'm not aware of it. I did not go into setup on the Telo ever until moving it behind the router so I cannot say what it was when behind the modem. It sounds like the QoS setting change probably isn't doing anything in the current (behind router) configuration. So I don't have an explanation for it working on the last 5 test calls.

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:56 am

Ok, in that case behind modem it was default 512.

I rebooted the telo. Please let me know how it's working now.

johnjohn

Post by johnjohn » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:01 am

So far so good. I will check in again if there are problems or if there are no issues for a couple of days. Just FYI, when we were having problems and it was behind the modem it would interrupt internet traffic to the other devices on the network. I don't know if that tells you anything or not. Thanks.

Glenys

Post by Glenys » Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:30 pm

Same problem with incoming calls going directly to voicemail, at the same time my ooma hand sets go onto MUTE with any incoming calls. On calling out, often ooma handset will go into mute mode. Tried rebooting several times. I am insuring mute is turned off, and it is turning itself on! Anyone know what else I can try? On-going issue for the last week.

jimboba

Post by jimboba » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:57 pm

This identical problem just started happening to me last week. Someone calls, the phone rings, I answer, but they don't hear me saying "Hello". From the caller's end, all they hear is the phone continuing to ring, they don't hear me answering it.

jimboba

Post by jimboba » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:59 pm

Here's another update about this problem. I rebooted the ooma device and everything worked for a day, then the same problem reappeared today.

johnjohn

Post by johnjohn » Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:52 am

Update. Our Telo worked for a few calls after a power cycle reboot but I just heard from my wife that it is not working again. I just tried to call home from work and got an automated message that our number can't take a call right now. Yikes!

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:04 am

Glenys, try now. If still an issue try reboot.

jimboba, try now.

johnjohn, try now.

jimboba

Post by jimboba » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:40 pm

Just had someone call my number and it is currently working. I'll continue to monitor over the next few days and see if it keeps working. Thanks.

johnjohn

Post by johnjohn » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:48 pm

Tom (or anyone else), we are still having the same problems. I restarted the Telo and the first call (outbound) worked. But then I was not able to answer two inbound calls. I will be around, and online, tonight if you'd like me to try anything with the Telo. Should I move it back behind the modem? I'm a little nervous to do that since it interrupted our Internet access last time it was setup that way when there were issues with calls.

There is enough evidence with posts here on the forum to make it clear that something has happened. I think we would all appreciate a little more information about what's going on. I know that would help me to remain patient as we work through these issues.

Thanks. John