Incoming call rings, but can't answer

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
Tom
Ooma Moderator
Re: Incoming call rings, but can't answer

Post by Tom » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:16 pm

When were the calls? Upgrade with fix was applied 11am PST. Also moved your telo to the East Coast server.

johnjohn

Post by johnjohn » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:28 pm

Tom, the calls were at 5:30 and 5:33 PM EST. In both cases the phone rang and the caller ID displayed the number but when I answered the phone there was silence on my end and a fast busy signal on the callers end.

Wernowhere

Post by Wernowhere » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:42 am

Just to close the loop on the testing from last week. The line has been working well over the last several days. Thanks for the quick response.

smcon

Re: Incoming calls ring, but can't answer

Post by smcon » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:58 pm

I am also having this same problem, the call rings on the phone, but when I try to answer the line is dead.
I have set the QoS settings to 0 for both incoming and outgoing.
Thanks

stetou

Post by stetou » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:03 pm

Tom you asked me to test but I don't understand what you want me to do.
I did check http://setup.ooma.com/advanced.lp and I have 1500 as Upstream Internet Speed (kbps):
and 0 as Downstream Internet Speed (kbps):

I just try to call at home with my cellphone and still have the problem

dancelikeooma

Post by dancelikeooma » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:44 am

Similar issue. I have ooma. I call a relative who also has ooma, and their vm answers after one ring or two even though it is set up for 8 rings. I call them again, and call goes through. This began about three weeks ago. I reset everything, and it worked for one day. Then began again. Other callers get same issue, but not all the time. Incredibly annoying. My service works fine, as far as I know, but my relative does not.

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:44 am

stetou, try now.

dancelikeooma, would need to know your relative's info.

stetou

Post by stetou » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:50 am

Tom, I called home one time and it works fine, I'll see if it still works next days.
Also note that my config is Modem-Ooma-Router and not MRO as you mention in a previous post ("[MRO] stetou, please try now")
thanks for your support

stetou

Post by stetou » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:23 pm

Nope, it is a cable modem only (thomson DCM475), and my router is a linksys WRT54G. And my telo is between the modem and the router.
Isn't strange that you see a router in front of my telo? Perhaps it doesn't matter, I just want to make sure that you have the necessary info.

I'll be back here in a couple of days to confirm that my problem is fixed. I received some other calls today without problem.

jrs

Post by jrs » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:44 pm

I am having the same issue.

I want to wait until there is a proper fix. I don't have the time or skill to screw around with settings, move the box and so on.

I have my old OOMA Hub is the closet as backup. Does this same issue effect the Hub? Is it only the Telo that is having the issue?

If so I will go back to using the Hub until this gets sorted out.