Just installed-can receive calls but cannot call out.

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
Eroush
Just installed-can receive calls but cannot call out.

Post by Eroush » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:06 pm

Everything seems to be working okay except I can't call out. I had it working to call my cell number about an hour ago but would not call my husband's. Now it won't call either. Not sure what to do... I'm not getting a great first impression...

Further info:
I have ooma dial tone, will dial, but silence after dialing. Silence will last about 45 seconds, then busy tone.

Like I said, I had it calling my cell for a little bit but would not call out to my husband's, now won't call out at all. Blue light is on.

murphy

Re: Just installed-can receive calls but cannot call out.

Post by murphy » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:03 am

Did you enable 10 digit dialing in your myooma account? If not, you have to dial 11 digits or 7 digits for a local call (same area code).
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

7890_MC

Post by 7890_MC » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:10 pm

I wanted to add to this discussion in case anyone searches the internet for a solution.

So, I was able to receive calls, but I wasn't able to call out (after having service for a few years). Not sure how the problem developed but this was my problem/solution:

Somehow my phone settings were switched to pulse instead of dial for the tone. It sounded like an old rotary phone when we tried to make phone calls. To fix this, I needed to go into my phone's settings and change that back to dial for the button tone. Now, I am able to make phone calls successfully.

mwagner7

Post by mwagner7 » Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:18 am

Although this was posted some time ago, I found that it resolved my issue.

Now I'm puzzled about how this changed, but I'm glad it resolved my outgoing call issue.

Thanks again for your post.