Nomorobo call blocking not working.

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
jhobbs
Re: Nomorobo call blocking not working.

Post by jhobbs » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:55 am

New user here, who just got a Robocall. Very disappointing to hear that Ooma doesn't update their NomoRobo call list more frequently.

MtView

Post by MtView » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:40 am

Ditto. I noticed a sharp uptick in junk calls that are getting through to Ooma over the past two weeks.

Either the junk callers are getting more active before Ooma can do the import or there is a bug in the junk call blocking features.

wrj

Post by wrj » Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:29 am

Robo calls were getting through so I went to Nomorobo.com and ran their test. It said nomorobo is disabled on my phone. I then contacted them and they verified I was disabled. Nomorobo gave me instructions which actually didn't fit myOoma but myOoma is configured correctly I think (preferences > Call Blocking > "Block suspected spammers and" box checked. Yet, Nomorobo says I'm disabled. I wonder if there is a problem between Ooma and Nomorobo working besides updating databases.
Also, I wonder if I'm not understanding Nomorobo or they have old instructions. The instructions Nomorobo help gave me were:
To set up Nomorobo on an Ooma Premier account:
1. Log into your Ooma Premier account
2. Go to Preferences
3. Go to Blacklist Preferences
4. Turn on the Expanded Blacklist, which is powered by Nomorobo
Am I not understanding something? First, my signin is to myOoma (not sure about Ooma Premium account), I don't have a Blacklist Preferences (rather Call Blocking Preferences), I don't see Expanded Blacklist.

oomamaniacal

Post by oomamaniacal » Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:27 pm

It is now listed as, "Block Suspected Spammers and..."
Premier Subscriber
Telo One with Four Linx Devices
Google Voice Extensions

wrj

Post by wrj » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:54 pm

Yes, thanks

Has anyone tried running the test on Nomorobo.com recently and seen if they are enabled? I can't figure out why my test returns "disabled" even though I have "Block suspected spammers and" checked under Preferences in myOoma.

focuspuller

Post by focuspuller » Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:19 pm

Just checked both my lines with and without call forwarding and both lines returned "disabled".
One if by Land
Two if by Sea
Three if by Limo

TonyW

Post by TonyW » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:20 am

Not surprising, because Ooma doesn't interface to NMR in a standard fashion. They download the database weekly (early Monday AM) & apply it like they do their own database.

The only aspect of the std NMR interface that matters to Ooma customers (IMO) is the reporting of SPAM/good numbers via their acc't webpage.

oomamaniacal

Post by oomamaniacal » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:56 am

I tried creating an Nomorobo account using my computer, but got the message that I needed to set it up through Ooma. I guess Nomorobo and, "Powered by Nomorobo," are two different things.

I then opened up a Nomorobo account for the purpose of adding good numbers, and reporting bad ones, but I had to log in under a different carrier to set things up.
Last edited by oomamaniacal on Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Premier Subscriber
Telo One with Four Linx Devices
Google Voice Extensions

harry12

Post by harry12 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:12 pm

Decided to check my OOMA number at NomoRobo and after needing to lie my way onto their system, I find that I too, am "disabled". :cry:

brian428

Post by brian428 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:51 pm

Things like this just baffle me because they make absolutely no sense. If Ooma can update their Nomorobo database on Monday, then obviously they can update it daily. Why on earth would they not do this?

I'm getting more and more spam calls that show up in Nomorobo as already flagged. So clearly, updating once a week is no longer enough. These spammers can call millions of numbers in a week. It's rapidly reaching the point where the Nomorobo integration is worthless due to Ooma's incomprehensible choice to update only once per week.