Ooma Telo not working with TD-Link Deco M5

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
djchazzychaz
Re: Ooma Telo not working with TD-Link Deco M5

Post by djchazzychaz » Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:24 pm

I was finally able to figure out the solution here. I have a Deco M5 and needed to go into advanced settings and disable fast roaming.`The Ooma can't connect to the wifi network with 802.11r enabled.

gutch37

Re: Ooma Telo not working with TD-Link Deco M5

Post by gutch37 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:39 am

I just installed a Deco T60 and had the same issue. When I installed the T60s mesh system I removed the old router I had but Ooma Telo Air would not work through it. I ended up going into the Deco app having to change the device type of the ooma to phone, then it workd.
On Deco app, select the ooma device, select the gear (top right) change device type to Phone.

Note: As part of troubleshooting the issue I reconnected the router behind the T60 and the ooma worked again. The result is any devices that connect to the old wifi router show up as devices in the Deco app. I did this before I tried changing the device type. So not sure if this is needed to get the ooma as a device in the app or not.

Hope this helps.