Ooma Telo not working with TD-Link Deco M5

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
jeveridge
Ooma Telo not working with TD-Link Deco M5

Post by jeveridge » Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:10 am

Got an Ooma Telo Air about five weeks ago. It is behind a Comcast cable modem and on a TD-Link Deco M5 Mesh network. This is a new Telo Air with the wireless chip embedded.

Initial setup was fine and worked great for 3 weeks. I did a firmware update on my Deco units and Ooma stopped working (at the time I didn't associate the update with the fact that Ooma stopped working - only realized it later when checking update logs). Went through Customer Service who could not identify a problem and provided me with a replacement unit (refurb). That one came but didn't have wireless (Ooma's mistake). However, when I hard wired Unit #2, it worked fine.

Got Unit #3 from Ooma CS and it doesn't work. Connects to my Deco M5 network just fine but won't connect to the Ooma service. As part of troubleshooting, I connected Ooma to my iPhone hotspot and it worked. So the problem must be with the Deco unit. I also hardwired Unit #3 to Deco. It connects to the network but cannot connect to the Ooma core service.

Contacted TD-Link support and they recommended opening ports. So I opened ALL ports (seven UDP and three TCP) using Port Forwarding against the IP address of Unit #3. Still nothing.

Any other recommendations? Drop kick Ooma and go for something else? My Deco M5 mesh network works beautifully for everything else so not going to get rid of that...

Thanks,

Jim

murphy

Re: Ooma Telo not working with TD-Link Deco M5

Post by murphy » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:02 am

Does it have an outbound firewall? If it does, turn it off to see if that lets the Telo work. Verify that SIP ALG is turned off also.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

jeveridge

Post by jeveridge » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:26 am

No outbound firewall. My Deco M5 unit doesn't have a Telnet function and the management app doesn't have SIP management. But good suggestions. I did find a similar post and response on NetGear routers so will keep that as a reference.

asheldon39

Post by asheldon39 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:29 pm

I have the exact same setup and same problem. Did you ever figure out how to make it work?

jeveridge

Post by jeveridge » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:07 am

No. I am 90% sure that this occurred after a Router Software Update so was hoping that they would reverse this in a new update.

Ify

Post by Ify » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:52 pm

I am new to the Ooma family, but have not been able to get my Ooma Telo device to work with my TD link Deco M5. Technical service have not been able to resolve the issue. My Deco M5 works great with everything else so reluctant to get rid of it.
Has anyone been able to resolve the issue?

jeveridge

Post by jeveridge » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:10 am

I started this post. Still no luck despite hours of tech support.

MrDoh

Post by MrDoh » Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:29 am

The Ooma Telo Air 2 works fine with the eero mesh system...just a side note for those shopping for a compatible wireless mesh system.

rawtek

Post by rawtek » Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:12 am

Resurrecting this rather old thread.

I am in the same boat as the person that started the thread. I have recently upgraded to a Deco M5 and Ooma stopped working. Everything else connected to the actual M5 works well except the Ooma.

Has anyone found a solution to this?

jeveridge

Post by jeveridge » Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:31 am

I started the thread. I continue to do hardware updates in the hope that either TD-Link or Ooma fix something. No luck yet.