Can't monitor voicemails (VMs)

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
Hankus36
Can't monitor voicemails (VMs)

Post by Hankus36 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:50 am

My ooma silently records all VMs, but I want to monitor (hear) them as they are being recorded.
I have premier service and the volume on the base is turned up. :|

TonyW

Re: Can't monitor voicemails (VMs)

Post by TonyW » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:12 am

On https://my.ooma.com/preferences/voicemail

Make sure 'Enable voicemail monitoring' is checked.

Enable voicemail monitoring

Voicemail monitoring allows you to screen your calls by listening in via the speaker as the caller is leaving their voicemail message. If you decide to take the call, simply answer on your telephone to intercept it.

Uncheck this option to disable voicemail monitoring if you would like your calls to roll to voicemail without being broadcast on the speaker.

Hankus36

Post by Hankus36 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:26 pm

'Enable voicemail monitoring' is checked, but calls still roll to voicemail without being broadcast on the speaker.

Jane M

Post by Jane M » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:55 am

I had the same issue.... i have ooma premier, the Enable monitoring calls was checked, but i still had the same problem, then.... i decided to LOG OUT from the ooma app on my iphone and..... it WORKS like magic. I tested making a call then i heard my voice speaking on the OOMA Telo. Screening calls are only active if you pay OOMA PREMIER. Log out from any other device.