Calls go immediately to voicemail

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
robtgordon
Calls go immediately to voicemail

Post by robtgordon » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:09 am

I have an older Ooma Telo device and lately I'm experiencing calls going directly to voicemail when the phone attached to the device is not busy (AT&T 993 desk phone). Usually power cycling the Telo fixes the problem; sometimes I need to do it more than once. Additionally I have "enable voicemail monitoring" enabled but when the call comes in I hear nothing on the Telo speaker. Is this a known issue and is there a solution? Thanks.

Update: Figured it out; it's Nomorobo. When I called my Ooma device from my land line phone the call came through. The calls that were getting blocked were me trying to join WebEx conferences at work (WebEx calls your phone.) It usually works but today every call was blocked so I went into myOoma/Preferences/Call blocking and shut off Nomorobo. Calls came through successfully after that.

Rob

Stuff

Re: Calls go immediately to voicemail

Post by Stuff » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:47 am

Thanks for the tip. I was thinking WebEx was too common a product for it to be not compatible.