Calls go to voicemail and no dialtone

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
csnj
Calls go to voicemail and no dialtone

Post by csnj » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:50 pm

I ordered a new Telo a few weeks ago to replace my older Telo1 and it has been working with no issues until lately.

On Thursday 01/24/19 mid-morning, calls being made to our home number with Ooma started going to my cell (I have it setup if Ooma is offline to forward to my cell phone) after a few calls being forwarded, calls started going directly to voicemail. There was also no dial tone when we tried making calls using the Panasonic cordless phone connected to the Telo.

The Ooma logo on the Telo was solid blue. When I logged into my.ooma, it should my Telo was Offline. I unplugged the Telo for a few minutes, and when it booted up it had the solid blue logo which went to red solid, then flashing red.

I have the Telo connected to one of the ports in my Fios gateway router and removed it and placed into a port on a switch and still blinking red logo. I changed the ethernet cable and within a few seconds, the logo turned solid blue color and we could receive calls and had a dial tone again. (All other devices on the network were able to access the internet)

This morning, we started having trouble again- incoming calls were going directly to voicemail and there was no dial tone. In my Ooma, it shows my Telo is online and the Ooma logo on the Telo is solid blue. On lthe Internet port on the back of the Telo, the lower right light is a solid green and the lower left is blinking orange.

When I log into the router, it shows that the Telo has an active connection.We did receive some voicemail today and the play button is blinking orange however when I press the button, there is no response.

I plugged and ethernet cable between my laptop and the Telo home port, when I try going to setup.ooma.com or typing in the 172 IP address to access the Telo, I get an error there is no Internet (ERR NOT CONNECTED). When I reconnect my laptop to the Ethernet cable connected to the switch I can access the Internet (I don't have the wireless on my laptop turned on).

I pinged the Telo using the 192.18.1.4 IP address assigned by the router and the Telo responds to pings when I try to access the Telo using the same IP address I get an error that the connection timed out.

I unplugged the Telo, the Ooma logo becomes solid red, the orange color on the play button turns on, the logo start blinking red, then the play button turns off. Briefly the OOma logo turned white, then back to flashing red, the logo turned off again then came back solid blue and the play button is flashing again.

Once the solid blue Ooma logo came on, dial tone was back.

Since all of the other devices connected to the switch and gateway router can access the Internet, the Telo is accessing the Internet, my suspicion is its a problem with the Telo or its an issue with it connecting to the Ooma servers.