Ooma Telo not receiving local calls

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
Whiznot
Ooma Telo not receiving local calls

Post by Whiznot » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:05 am

Please help. My ability to receive local calls has been down for me since last night. I've power cycled everything from modem, router, computer and the Telo. I am able to call out but incoming local calls fail to connect. I am able to receive calls coming from outside of my area code but not from inside it.

Here is what is happening. Local callers to my Ooma Telo from area code of 229 hears three squawks followed by a message saying "we're sorry, the call can't be completed as dialed, please check the number and dial again." Calls coming to me from outside of area code 229 are received.

I've been working with an Ooma technician named Sally. She has been able reach me on the Ooma phone. Sally elevated my problem to a higher level of support and gave me the following reference number 190 202-001 327.

Thanks to our cell phones we aren't really isolated. Hopefully, the routing fault will be solved sometime in the coming week.

Edit: Yesterday I did receive a call from the 229 area code. That call came from the 347 exchange. The 347 exchange is also used by my cell phone but my cell phone can't reach my Ooma Telo. I am baffled as to why cell phone 229-347-YYYY reaches me but cell phone 229-347-XXXX is unable to reach me.
Last edited by Whiznot on Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Whiznot

Re: Ooma Telo not receiving local calls

Post by Whiznot » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:05 pm

My Ooma Telo is now able to receive calls from the local area code. I think that all issues are resolved. The Ooma people that I dealt with over the phone were great. :D