Can't retrieve messages from my Telo 2

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
NdnaJnz
Can't retrieve messages from my Telo 2

Post by NdnaJnz » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:55 pm

I have two Ooma Telo 2's. For about the past week, I could not retrieve my messages from either one using the blinking Play (arrow) button. Occasionally, I press the button, and nothing happens for 20-30 seconds, then the usual announcement from the Telo begins and works normally from that point. But, most of the time, I press the button and 5-10 seconds later, it starts blinking again.

The same happens if I try to retrieve voice messages from my Panasonic Cordless (or the wired handset) which has been working fine since last April.

I am able to retrieve voice messages using my cell phone, or by clicking the recording forwarded to my email.

But, I received an important message on the second line adding a "by-the-way, your other phone line sounds like it's dead; silence for 5 seconds and then a fast busy signal.

So, there obviously seems to be a problem somewhere in the system or in the latest firmware update. Unlikely a fluke or coincidence with both Telos suddenly having problems.

Jeff
-------------------------

murphy

Re: Can't retrieve messages from my Telo 2

Post by murphy » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:06 pm

Are both of your Telos connected to LAN ports on your router?

With two Telos they can't be put between the modem and the router without modifying one of them.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

NdnaJnz

Re: Can't retrieve messages from my Telo 2

Post by NdnaJnz » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:38 pm

murphy -

I have both Telos connected via Ethernet to my IQ router. This router inspects packets for a couple hours when initially installed and prioritizes VOIP very well.

The interesting thing is, my Telos seem to connect much quicker (easier?) via WiFi than with Ethernet for some reason. But, I was having WiFi problems with my Roku stick, so I put the Telos on Ethernet with their WiFi disabled.

Thanks for your input!
Jeff