New Xfinity Modem, Now no dial tone

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
eknigmah
New Xfinity Modem, Now no dial tone

Post by eknigmah » Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:58 pm

I recently switched from U-verse to Xfinity. Initially, my Telo worked fine with Xfinity. About a week ago, a storm fried my XB6-A modem requiring a replacement. The new modem is an XB6-T and now I have no dial tone on my Telo. Incoming calls ring through but are unanswerable. I can't hear the caller and the caller can't hear me. My Telo shows solid blue and the web dashboard says my Telo is online. Ooma chat was no help. I've read posts suggesting placing the Telo in a DMZ; however since everything worked initially, I'm reluctant to tinker with the Xfinity modem settings. Could the storm have also fried my Telo?

andyross

Re: New Xfinity Modem, Now no dial tone

Post by andyross » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:13 am

Is the phone directly connected to the Telo, or is it an HD handset using the built-in DECT cordless connection? If directly connected, can you try another phone?

eknigmah

Post by eknigmah » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:49 am

Yes, the phone is connected via wire to the Telo. Same behavior with a different phone.

eknigmah

Post by eknigmah » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:10 am

Problem solved!

The phone jack on my Telo was bad no doubt due to the aforementioned storm. The Telo couldn't detect when phones were off-hook; hence, no dial tone. Picked up a half priced refurb on eBay. Now I have dial tone again!! Thanks to Ooma phone support for helping me identify the problem and to the eBay seller who provided fast delivery.

Case closed!