Scout voicemail indicator doesn't flash

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
aloric
Scout voicemail indicator doesn't flash

Post by aloric » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:31 pm

I just bought the ooma today and having a problem with the scout. It is working fine, can make/receive calls but when I have new voice mails, the indicator LED doesn't flash. I only have 1 line. Please help thanks

southsound

Re: Scout voicemail indicator doesn't flash

Post by southsound » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:33 pm

There are two little wheels - one on each side of the hub and one on each side of the scout. The one on the left is volume. The one on the right is a dimmer for the lights. Try turning it until the ooma tab turns blue. The LED's should be visible in that state. :cool:

Almost forgot - Welcome to ooma. Nice group of people here. Pull up a seat, sit a spell. The only thing you might miss is that thick bill from the telco each month! And don't feel silly about the dimmer. About half of us have had the same problem! :razz:
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

aloric

Post by aloric » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:47 pm

thanks. That fixed the problem :)

southsound

Post by southsound » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:51 pm

You are more than welcome! Now just hang around for a while and when someone asks the same question, you can sound like a guru!

Seriously, we have a fellow on the board who usually beats me to the answer and we estimated if he had 5 cents for every time he gave the solution to this problem he could buy ooma. And if you treat him nice, his wife makes awesome brownies with walnuts. (Of course, this is an inside joke but it only takes about 3 days here to be "on the inside".) Glad that it worked for you! :cool:
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

WayneDsr

Post by WayneDsr » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:15 pm

Yep, southsound, you beat me to it this time. I've been quite busy lately.
Since there is a lack of walnut brownies here, I must be neglecting the brownie maker as well. Better get my priorities straight! :-o

Wayne