Changing Your Greeting When Not Using Your Home Phone

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
RBM
Changing Your Greeting When Not Using Your Home Phone

Post by RBM » Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:13 am

I don't like my own voice or the standard ooma greetings, so I plan to have a professional voice service call into the ooma broadband answering machine through my phone number to record the personal greeting for me. They would like me to provide them with a step-by-step procedure to get them to the point where they can speak the greeting into their phone.

I've read the procedure for changing your greeting when calling from your home phone, but I would like to make sure that I'll be giving them the correct instructions for recording a new greeting when not using one's home phone.

Is this right? They call my number, and while hearing the standard ooma female greeting that says, "The person that you have called is unavailable...", they press the "*" key. The system then asks for my PIN, which I will provide them in advance and change afterwards. The system then guides them through message retrieval, but does it also give them the option to go to the main menu at that point? That's what I'm unsure of. If so, from Main Menu they would press Option 2, "Change Your Settings". They would then press 2 again to record my customized personal greeting from their phone.

Thank you for any advice.

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Re: Changing Your Greeting When Not Using Your Home Phone

Post by Bobby B » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:44 am

Hi RBM, yep that looks correct. With the auto-play of new messages, you'll be dropped into the main menu when all the new messages have been played, if you're accessing your voicemail remotely.

This forum thread has some additional details:
Forum Thread
Bobby B

RBM

Re: Changing Your Greeting When Not Using Your Home Phone

Post by RBM » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:44 pm

Thanks very much, Bobby B!