Voice mail will not pick up

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
jimayers
Voice mail will not pick up

Post by jimayers » Tue May 06, 2008 7:03 pm

Hi - I tried to use ooma's "chat" and they were curteuos but were unbale to help.
My ooma device will NOT pick up for voice mail. It clicks as if it is trying to, and there is a pause in my phones ringing, but ooma voice mail does not pick up and my phone begins to ring again. It will do this cycle over and over. My phone logs a call each time the ooma clicks and my phone pauses.

Can anybody help?

Thanks much - Jim Ayers

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Re: Voice mail will not pick up

Post by Bobby B » Wed May 07, 2008 10:24 am

Hi Jim,

I took a look at the support case - it looks like the original problem was with ooma interpreting every ring on a single call as multiple calls on your landline. Our support team adjusted a timing parameter on the ooma Hub to correct this problem. It looks like you might be running into another related issue. I'll ask someone from our support team follow up with you.

Thanks,
Bobby
jimayers wrote:Hi - I tried to use ooma's "chat" and they were curteuos but were unbale to help.
My ooma device will NOT pick up for voice mail. It clicks as if it is trying to, and there is a pause in my phones ringing, but ooma voice mail does not pick up and my phone begins to ring again. It will do this cycle over and over. My phone logs a call each time the ooma clicks and my phone pauses.

Can anybody help?

Thanks much - Jim Ayers
Bobby B

jimayers

Post by jimayers » Wed May 07, 2008 3:06 pm

Thanks for your help. My wife is getting ready to through the thing out the window, as she can not receive calls without it doing something wierd. Our common complaint, related to the voice mail issue, is that it will not let us answer because it switches to the other line when we pick up our phone. We miss most of our calls now, because the voice mail will not pick up AND ooma is now switching to the other line when we pick up our phone.
Bobby B wrote:Hi Jim,

I took a look at the support case - it looks like the original problem was with ooma interpreting every ring on a single call as multiple calls on your landline. Our support team adjusted a timing parameter on the ooma Hub to correct this problem. It looks like you might be running into another related issue. I'll ask someone from our support team follow up with you.

Thanks,
Bobby
jimayers wrote:Hi - I tried to use ooma's "chat" and they were curteuos but were unbale to help.

Can anybody help?

Thanks much - Jim Ayers

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Post by Bobby B » Wed May 07, 2008 5:53 pm

Another possible cause for these voicemail pick-up and call answer problems is a low phone voltage on your landline. This can make it difficult for phone devices to detect ringing calls on the line. We have a few suggestions on diagnosing this problem further. If you are are available tomorrow, please give our support team a call at 1-888-711-6662 [we'll be available 8AM PST to 6PM PST]
Bobby B