calls directed to cell phone

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
calls directed to cell phone

Post by 9194992969 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:57 am

I have a Panasonic KX-TG7645 system and it is paired with my cell phone. Prior to Ooma I would answer my cell calls on my Panasonic handset. Now when a call comes in through my cell phone, I can still pick it up on one of the Panasonic handsets, but I can't answer it on my Ooma HD2 handset, which is the phone that's beside my computer where I spend a lot of time. I never tried to pair my cell phone to the Ooma system and don't know how to do it. Should I unpair the cell phone with the Panasonic system and then pair it with the Ooma system to get calls coming in on the cell phone so I can answer them with my HD2 handset? If I do, can I still answer the calls with a Pannasonic handset?
The other annoying thing is that, if I answer the call on my cell phone, the other phones keep ringing while I'm talking rather than stopping when I answer the cell phone. Would pairing the cell phone with Ooma stop that or is there another solution. I guess I can just unpair the cell phone with the Panasonic, but that defeats the idea that I want to be able to answer a cell call from a phone on the second floor when the cell phone is on the first floor. Thanks.