Ooma call dropout - Blame it on Comcast - then blame it on Arris

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
Babarrackass
Ooma call dropout - Blame it on Comcast - then blame it on Arris

Post by Babarrackass » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:28 am

Called Ooma today to find out why the person on the outbound end of my calls always says I'm breaking up. I can hear them clear as day. Internet speed of 225 down 6-10 up. Ooma tech speed tests to Ooma unit and states the jitter is 3.8 - 4.24 ms and that it needs to be above 5ms. You need to call Comcast . . they will know what I am talking about and make the adjustment. At this point I'm saying hmmmmmm. Comcast's answer: We see you at 100% connectivity and your SB6141 is end of life. They've been telling me my modem has been end of life since I bought it. I ask the tech, if I had a Comcast $13 a month rented modem could you adjust packet loss/jitter. Answer: No, but call the manufacturer of the modem you have, they should be able to help. One big goose chase. I decided to turn on QoS on my Nighthawk R7800 (Comcast also said that was end of life) to see if that will help.