Can't receive automated verification phone calls

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
Ooma2012
Can't receive automated verification phone calls

Post by Ooma2012 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:22 pm

Have had this happen with various institutions that have my Ooma number as my primary phone. I can choose to receive a verification code by text to my Ooma line (that won't work) or have them call my Ooma line to provide it. Unfortunately the calls never arrive. Something about the automated system calling a VoIP number is problematic.

Is there a way to let these calls come through to my Ooma line? (Switching my cell phone to be the primary phone is not a good option for a number of reasons).

TonyW

Re: Can't receive automated verification phone calls

Post by TonyW » Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:22 pm

Premier customer? Call blocking enabled? If so, how are you 'treating' blocked calls? Sending them to VM & enabling email notification of new msgs will gain you 2 things... email subject line will contain the originating # (to add to Contacts... whitelist future calls) & the recorded msg w/ verification code. That's been my solution.

CapMan21

Re: Can't receive automated verification phone calls

Post by CapMan21 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:54 pm

I logon and turn off Call Blocking long enough to receive the verification call. I add the number to my contact list and turn Call Blocking back on again.