various calls go directly to voicemail - daily now

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
bratj
various calls go directly to voicemail - daily now

Post by bratj » Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:21 pm

Various calls, local land line, federal government, doctor, health insurance, cell phone - will go directly to voice mail and there may or may not be a message indicated. They aren't even showing up on called ID, and not all are showing on my Ooma dashboard either.
I DO NOT have premier. It is not a setting that I have on my phone or account. This has been happening off and on for a year and a half, it's become daily now.
I'll grant you $5 a month is a great deal - but missing important calls is really, really bad.
Any help or solutions?

murphy

Re: various calls go directly to voicemail - daily now

Post by murphy » Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:34 am

There have been reports in the past of call blocking not being deleted when Premier was allowed to expire. The ability to control it goes away but it stays in effect.

The big problem is that many companies don't use their call back numbers just for doing call backs. They also use them for advertising calls to prospective clients which usually gets them added to the block lists.

My alarm company had all of their call back numbers added to NoMoRobo because of that. They didn't know that NoMoRobo existed until I called to complain.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

bratj

Post by bratj » Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:24 am

It makes no sense that it is suddenly getting worse. We have had Ooma for almost 2 years, and only had the trial of premier.
I just checked my dashboard and now a missing message that was on my phone but not dashboard is suddenly on my dashboard. (It was my husbands work, and I had tried to find it for him that evening - it wasn't there, now it is.)
Calls I was getting that are auto calls from my pharmacy were always coming through, suddenly are not.
Do I need to quit Ooma and restart my service? Seems kind of unfair and an extra price for ME to have to check for any latent presets that may still be in effect. What a Cluster F.
SUSFU Situation Unchanged Still F-ed Up

Sadly - there are many others with the same problem - and seemingly no answer or fix.

murphy

Post by murphy » Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:29 am

Call Ooma and ask them to remove call blocking from your account since you don't pay for Premier service.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

bratj

Post by bratj » Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:54 am

I did the online chat, they made an "adjustment" to my phone... "that should fix it".
We will see.