Static for dial tone

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
sabretooth02
Static for dial tone

Post by sabretooth02 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:16 pm

Hello,

Looks like I have an issue with my Ooma Telo. Connected modem>router>ooma.

Never had an issue in like 4 years and now I get static on all phones. This includes one hardwired and the wireless base phones. I have unplugged if for 5 seconds and plugged back in, no help.

Did all the resets and still have static. Is there a reset push pin somewhere? I see a small hole in the upper right of the page key button. Is that it? I have not reset it yet. It is running a static IP.

If I reset the box what are the ramifications? I have friend that has a new ooma telo that he never used and I will get that tomorrow and hold for a replacement.

Anything I missed?

Thanks,
Last edited by sabretooth02 on Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

sabretooth02

Re: Static for dial tone

Post by sabretooth02 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:32 pm

Well nobody helped here but I found the issue.

Somehow my house wiring went bad. Finally moved a corded phone down to the Ooma box, plugged it is and got a dial tone and it works.

Now the fun begins...

sabretooth02

Re: Static for dial tone

Post by sabretooth02 » Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:09 am

So this is how I solved the issue. The Ooma box was in the basement connected vie Ethernet to my router and the phone line connected it throughout the house. Well that phone line is no longer working.

So, I move the Ooma box to the kitchen but there is no Ethernet connection there. All I did was add an unused Netgear EX3700 wireless range extender with an Ethernet port. Configure the EX3700 to the router, plug in the Ooma box and voila! I now have phone service back throughout the house via a wired base and 5 wireless extensions. Works perfect.