How do I add whitelist entries to NOMOROBO?

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
Rhinoman
How do I add whitelist entries to NOMOROBO?

Post by Rhinoman » Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:57 am

NOMOROBO now has a whitelist for numbers that have been incorrectly added to the block list. When I try to add to the whitelist, they want my nomorobo account login. How can I add to this list or is there some other solution?

In my case, my alarm company response number has been added to the block list. I have gotten notifications from the fire department due to a false alarm that they could not contact me about. My fire department will fine me for the next false alarm! From the messages on this board I see that ADT and others have had this problem as well.

Adding my cellphone as the primary is dangerous and ineffectual. If I have a fire at my house and someone besides me is at home, they need to take the call, not me. I would have no way of knowing if it is a false alarm.

TonyW

Re: How do I add whitelist entries to NOMOROBO?

Post by TonyW » Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:45 am

The most immediate method of whitelisting a number is to add it to your Ooma personal contact list.

IF you are certain it's a NMR block (we have no visibility), you can also create a NoMoRobo acc't & after logging in, select 'Report a number' from the left-hand column & then, 'A valid number that was blocked incorrectly'. Submit the number for NMR review. This option has been available since Ooma added NMR support.

While I doubt adding a personal contact is instantaneous, it will certainly take effect more quickly than submitting the number to NMR & waiting for it to propagate through their system.

Hope this helps? It should be easy to test.