Ooma Voicemail Hell

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
flibmeister
Ooma Voicemail Hell

Post by flibmeister » Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:12 pm

I have Ooma Premier, connected through a regular Vtech answering machine, with wireless extensions all over the house. Ooma has started sending many of my calls directly to Ooma voicemail-- my Vtech phone, which generally handles my voicemails just fine, doesn't even ring. I don't even know anybody called unless I get a notification via email that I have an Ooma voicemail waiting.

It's reached the point where I just want the features of my regular answering machine back-- NO calls should go to Ooma voicemail, ever. I've made sure "do not disturb" is not active, and turned off the Ooma Call Blocking under Preferences-- but when I just went and checked, Call Blocking was back on again, set to medium, with blocked calls automatically being sent to voicemail.

How do I turn off Ooma voicemail completely, so that I can escape from Ooma voicemail hell???

murphy

Re: Ooma Voicemail Hell

Post by murphy » Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:34 pm

Contact Ooma support and ask to have voicemail turned off.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

flibmeister

Re: Ooma Voicemail Hell

Post by flibmeister » Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:28 pm

Thanks, I did that, and they say it's now turned off-- we'll see what happens.

What an incredibly clumsy implementation, though-- turning voicemail on and off is something I should be able to do at will, myself, from the web interface, rather than sitting on hold for twenty minutes so they can do it.