I Want To Send All Calls to Voicemail for One of My Lines

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
MikeekiM
I Want To Send All Calls to Voicemail for One of My Lines

Post by MikeekiM » Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:50 am

I have two lines... Let's call them Line 1 and Line 2 to keep things simple...

Line 1 is my primary line. I want to let all of those calls through (except those that are blocked by my block filters).

Line 2 is my "junk line". It is a line that has been with me forever and is likely in a lot of call lists. Some very old friends/acquaintances might also have the number. I want to block ALL of these calls so that they don't ring through.

My "block" strategy for all my blocked calls (including all of the blocked telemarketing calls and NoRobo calls) is to send them directly to voicemail. This makes it so that if the call is actually an important call, I have a safety net that allows them to leave a voicemail.

Is there any way for me to send all calls that are coming into Line 2 directly to voicemail???

Also important to note: I am running a Telo without a Lynx... So both lines are running through the same box and telephones...
Customer Since: August 2009
Ooma Hardware: Ooma Telo (Original Legacy Hub/Scout Customer)
Ooma Service: Premier Lifetime (Since October 2009)

MikeekiM

Re: I Want To Send All Calls to Voicemail for One of My Lines

Post by MikeekiM » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:02 am

Based on the lack of replies, my assumption is that what I am trying to do is not possible given today's feature-set...

If anyone knows a way to accomplish this, please let me know...but for now, I am going to go with the assumption that it cannot be done (which matches my experience, since I have been trying to figure out how to do this for months)...

Thanks everyone... :)

oomamaniacal

Post by oomamaniacal » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:46 am

Premier Subscriber
Telo One with Four Linx Devices
Google Voice Extensions

MikeekiM

Post by MikeekiM » Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:09 pm

Thanks for the response.

Yeah...I sold my Linx on eBay because I didn't really have the need for a second separate line. And without a second device, I can't really create a separate account for it.

As a workaround, I just am having the line I want to ignore ring 2 short ring bursts to let me know that it's on that line, and to let it roll to voicemail. Not a graceful solution, but I'll live with it.

Thanks again!